S&H Performance turbo build,

Fantas

forum member
Reaction score
Engine off

Engine running: Note, the framerate on my camera isn't that fast so I think it looks like the blades are spinning faster then they really are. I stuck my finger into the compressor to see if that would show that it wasn't spinning all that fast.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Is it just me or does it sound like a HUGE exhaust leak in the second video. Did you use the copper RTV between the pipes at the V-Band clamps?

Fantas

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think my phone is registering the sound well. I think you are just hearing the valve train.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
To me it almost sounds as bad as forgetting to put in the exhaust manifold gasket on the one side. Can you take another video a under the front of the car?

Fantas

forum member
Reaction score
I used it at every V band pre/post turbo. I am going to go through the whole system again. But I can only hear one faint leak way past the turbo.

Fantas

forum member
Reaction score
To me it almost sounds as bad as forgetting to put in the exhaust manifold gasket on the one side. Can you take another video a under the front of the car?

Yeah, one sec. And I assure you both gaskets are on there, lol.

brb

Fantas

forum member
Reaction score
Thats what I am going to do. I made another video, that noise you hear is my phone being stupid and emphasizing the valve train noise immediately after starting it up. I walked around it a bit to get a different position to pick up the sound.

Bobby, let me know what Comp says tomorrow. I'll text you early afternoon'ish.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Still sounds like an exhaust leak to me there somewhere. Hope ya get it figured out man.

Are you return style on this car, can't remember?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just got back home from the track and saw your vids Michael looks exactly like my did initialy.

It would stop spinning as soon as I shut the car off due to the greased packed in and would barely spin by hand.

Here it is a after 200-300 miles and a day on the dyno getting tuned.

Will take another vid after some more miles and its fully broken in, I'm running a 70mm and it was spooled by 3k on the dyno and spools alot faster on the street already.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back