S&H Performance turbo build,

Fantas

forum member
Reaction score
Hello again everyone,

I posted earlier this year once I had completed my 5.1L build and dropped a TR-6060 in the car. Here is a link to the orignal post so I wouldn't have to recap much.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77204

Ok, now that that is out of the way. I wanted to put about 1000 miles on that block normally aspirated to break it in before applying boost. After doing some homework I decided on going with S&H and their single 76mm oilless turbo set-up, with a custom .96 A/R.

(At this point I want to point out that Jeremy and Bobby are real troopers. If it was 10pm and I hit a design snag or wanted to ensure a relay was wired correctly they were both just a text or call away. I couldn't be happier with S&H.)

After parking the car and tearing it apart this is what has gone on with this turbo kit and fuel system.

Comp Oilless Turbo, 76mm, .96 A/R
on3 Plumbing, coated by S&H
Fore return style fuel system w/ twin pumps
Fore rails
Fore F4i pressure refulator
Fore fuel filter
There is a bunch of other stuff in the way of guages, boost controllers, wastegates, etc. but you ge the idea.

Here are a few pictures of the product. Need to trailer it up to Oklahoma City to get it tuned.

Oh yeah, don't rag on my coolant line from the bock to the radiatior. I deleted the reservoir and that is just temporary (althought it works just fine) and haven't fabbed up a permanent one.

I took about 200 pictures of all aspects of the turbo install and any brackets that I made. If you would like to see any area closer to assist in another build or to generate some ideas feel free to PM me.

Turbo mounted prior to getting squeezed under the hood.
DSC_0235.jpg

Old pump next to new
DSC_0268.jpg

DSC_0343.jpg

DSC_0353.jpg

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks badass Michael! Glad to help!

I have my oil-less turbo on the way and cant wait!

Fantas

forum member
Reaction score
my question, any benefits to be had from the 07+ style coolant on?

I deleted the reservior itself because I just flat ran out of room. I did leave the "T" in the lower radiator line and have a 7-8" vertical (plugged) line to allow for some expansion. It is my understanding that the earlier coolant lines employed an in-line thermostate where the later ones have the thermostat in the coolant crossover. I would imagine the newer set-up is just easier to work with/around.

Not sure if that helped, lol.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pretty much exacly, also it will perform a little better with 07+ imho. Before with the tsat inline in the lower hose it was reacting to coolant temps after being cooled by the radiator vice actual coolant temp coming out of the engine when the tstat is up top in the crossover.

Fantas

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, thats going to be nice. What are your power goals, or what do you think it'll make?

It should make 800+ all day. The internals are good for over 1,000 and everything else was built to take a beating. we'll see. Should be trailering it to the dyno in a week or so.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Looking forward to a dyno video!

S&H is getting higher on my list of people to talk to if I keep this Mustang instead of going the GT500 route later.

Why don't cha paint those valve covers already? :poke:

Fantas

forum member
Reaction score
Nice looks bad ass...whose tuning it in OKC!? I'm originally from Tulsa where you at? Congrats and good luck

I'm down here in Lawton. Andrei at Abel Racing does my tuning. He is actually located in Midwest City which is just outside of OKC. I just say OKC because it's easier.

Looking forward to a dyno video!

S&H is getting higher on my list of people to talk to if I keep this Mustang instead of going the GT500 route later.

Why don't cha paint those valve covers already? :poke:

One of my key points when dealing with a company, whether it's two people or two-thousand is how they treat their customers. As I had said their communication is spot on. If they didn't know something we would work together to find the answer.

People keep bugging me about the damn valve covers, lol. I don't know if I even care at this point. Once I get this thing running correctly I will work on some of the visuals. At this point I just want this thing destroying the streets.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back