SCT Software Strikes Again...

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Its with Windows 8 and 10. It's relatively easy to fix after I figured it out. Just go to the Device Manager and right click and search for a driver online. Miraculously enough that fixes the issue instantly.

WOW ! I could totally understand the driver issues with windows 10, but windows 8 has been in existence for nearly 4 years..

SCT really needs to pull they're heads from out of their ass by getting up to speed lol.

In the meantime, thanks for finding out about the fix.. So it looks as though I'll be able to re-upgrade back to windows 10 afterall :clap:

Phil1098

Reaction score
Phil ! If your having driver issues running windows 7.. Go to your device manager as Galloping Ford did and that should work for updating your drivers through windows..

-Rocky

Thanks, but I haven't had any issues at all (luckily). I was saying maybe the reason I wasn't having issues was because I was running an old OS.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
That was pretty much my main reason for downgrading back to windows 7..
As for windows 10, I'm still on the fence with it because it's not compatible with my VIA audio deck drivers and also can't run my AMD vision engine control center either.. I also checked with ASUS tech support and they advised against upgrading as they do not have driver updates available for windows 10 at the present time for my particular model.. Although I like the improved features and functionality of windows 10, it's more than likely in my best interest to stick with windows 7 until ASUS comes out with driver updates for windows 10..

travelers

Reaction score
I have found over time with computers that it isn't always necessary to upgrade firmware just because then send it out. Now I did my X3 when they added the 10 tunes but if your not having a problem then stay with what you have. You can also look at what the upgrade is doing. Some times it may not pertain to your system.

Just my opinion

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
So, like I mentioned - I just got a X4 and no issues with that one. I will be calling SCT to get my X3 back to working order and will just sell it. Unfortunately time was not on my side to get it to work, because that would have been nice to save $400~ lol

Phil1098

Reaction score
There was a time that SCT had a ton of firmware updates, seemed every time I went to load a tune I would need to update the firmware. Like I said earlier, my PC crashed and I lost my SCT updater, so I loaded it from their site. I hadn't checked for updates for at least a year and it said mine was still current and up to date.

2007Vert

forum member
Reaction score
I just updated my old X3 today for a tune on my nephew's 2013 Mustang GT and had no issues. I am running windows 7.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back