Security lock..no fuel pressure...Help

akula52

forum member
Reaction score
Okay, I don't know if this is related, but I was driving down the road today at about 40mph and the car lost fuel pressure and died. The security lock indicator is flashing every 2 seconds. I didn't even think my car came with it?? I have a return style Fore fuel system. I hear the pumps, but they don't sound the same. I tried to reset the security lock by cycling the key 8 times per the owners manual, but no luck. Any ideas? Thanks for any help!

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
There is a 5a fuse in the passenger kick panel that controls the ecu and pats. I'd look it up in the owners manual (I think it's page 169 or 179) pull the fuse and see if it's blown. BTW there is a handy fuse puller mounted on the side of the fuse panel, a better idea from Ford. lol.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
do you have a second key to try?

try that first, sometimes the key goes bad, just happened to us with our Flex

akula52

forum member
Reaction score
key and fuse

Fuse is good, checked that on the side of the road, tried my spare key, no go. It looks like a standard key, my car is an 06. Thanks guys! Still working on it.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Fuse is good, checked that on the side of the road, tried my spare key, no go. It looks like a standard key, my car is an 06. Thanks guys! Still working on it.

keys still have pats chips in them. check your relays

GI Joe

Reaction score
check the fuel pressure sensor on the rail
also if you wired it like I did mine I believe there is still another fuse in play..the one in the fuse box under the hood...because it i used the old power wire from the FPDM as the trigger wire for the relays....
Even if you lost one pump you should still be able to get good pressure...What if you try to turn the regulator up a bit and see if the pressure goes up...maybe you lost a pump...
Thats scary because even though you have a return system would appear the computer could shut the car down by using the injectors...thats the only thing tied into the computer now except the other two mentioned...FRPS and that trigger wire from the FPDM...( unless its the PATS)
Dave

2010Elanore

forum member
Reaction score
There is a fuel pump cutoff switch in the drivers side kick panel behind the hood latch there is a hole. Check that. Just had the same problem yesterday

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Okay, I don't know if this is related, but I was driving down the road today at about 40mph and the car lost fuel pressure and died. The security lock indicator is flashing every 2 seconds. I didn't even think my car came with it?? I have a return style Fore fuel system. I hear the pumps, but they don't sound the same. I tried to reset the security lock by cycling the key 8 times per the owners manual, but no luck. Any ideas? Thanks for any help!
What pumps are you running? If you are running the "GT" Supercar pumps you may have dropped one. They don't have check valves in them like the Walbro's do so when you drop a pump the two remaining will push back through the dead pump into the tank. I've got the "GT" pumps and with just the pumps on but the car not running one pump will only make about 18psi. Two pumps will make about 40psi. But with all three running they will make 70+psi (never had them higher).

I was going to put check valves in but its cheaper just to replace the GT pumps with Walbro's. I should have mine Tuesday. More money wasted.:roflmao:

akula52

forum member
Reaction score
fuses and stuff

Well, the all fuses and micro relays are good. The pumps sound like they are spinning, just not pushing fuel. Now, I just got 10 gallons of gas and added a can of Torco not 5 min before the failure. I don't know if there was a bunch of trash in either? Mike at Powerhouse 411 put the top hat and wired up the Warbro's, so I sent him a email and waiting for some help on that side. Dave, GMitch, and 2010elanore, kuro, thanks for the help. I am going to jack up the car and pull the fuel filter next.. r/Rich

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just saw this, i had something similar happen and it was the fuel pump discharge tube slipped off one of the walboros in the tank, no fuel pressure at all.

GI Joe

Reaction score
Just saw this, i had something similar happen and it was the fuel pump discharge tube slipped off one of the walboros in the tank, no fuel pressure at all.

that would make sense.....

akula52

forum member
Reaction score
discharge hose

I will look at that, That would be good if it was that simple. Luckily, the Fore tophat comes out 10x eaiser than the OE. Thanks for the suggestion! r/Rich

akula52

forum member
Reaction score
fuel filter

Well, my issue had nothing to do with the securtiy feature (PATS). It turned out that the filter was in backwards and the fuel pressure finally unseated it and pushed the filter end against the housing and blocked the fuel from getting forward. Bitch is running again!!! Thanks for suggestions

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back