Sky Render's Build Thread

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My cars always get Christmas presents, because there's something wrong with me.

So the Pony got an Aeroforce Interceptor scan gauge mounted in a Roush vent pod. I haven't gotten a chance to play around with it much yet, but it's pretty cool seeing wideband a/f ratio, cylinder head temp, and coolant temp. I'm going to set it up as a shift light, too.

uploadfromtaptalk1388086044494.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1388086061720.jpg

I can post up more pictures of the super-easy installation if you'd like.

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk

sheizasosay

Alive
Reaction score
Good gauge choice Sky. Aeroforce interceptor has everything you need. Looks good too.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I like mine but the display can get washed out when they sit in the sun too long. Having it in a vent pod is perfect, mine are in an A pillar pod and if I park in the sun I can't see them any more.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good gauge choice Sky. Aeroforce interceptor has everything you need. Looks good too.

I like mine but the display can get washed out when they sit in the sun too long. Having it in a vent pod is perfect, mine are in an A pillar pod and if I park in the sun I can't see them any more.

Thanks, guys. I'm thinking of adding oil pressure and oil temperature senders to it. What do you think?

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
That Aeroforce gauge looks interesting, particularly since you can mount the Aeroforce up closer to your line of sight / not shaded between the two big gauges like the OE "little gauges" are where they're hard to see under some daytime lighting conditions . . . situations likely to occur when, say, tracking the car.

Years ago, I mounted an aftermarket tach as low as possible off the A-pillar, and I suspect I'd prefer that same left side top of dash location for this gauge if there is a suitable mount available. I'm thinking "almost HUD" without it being straight in my face as a PITA visual distraction ALL the time.

The Version 5.2 User manuals do not appear to show what the main and mini connectors look like or where they plug in. Are they different from the earlier versions?

Figure 1 only shows the two analogs and some jumper, and is too fuzzy to clearly determine anything else. Do you have a better picture of the back of this gauge? Also, is its OBDII plug a "pass-through" kind of thing or would you need to remove it should you wish to connect a different scan tool?

Norm

Last edited:

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That Aeroforce gauge looks interesting, particularly since you can mount the Aeroforce up closer to your line of sight / not shaded between the two big gauges like the OE "little gauges" are where they're hard to see under some daytime lighting conditions.

Years ago, I mounted an aftermarket tach as low as possible off the A-pillar, and I suspect I'd prefer that same left side top of dash location for this gauge if there is a suitable mount available. I'm thinking "almost a HUD" without it being straight in my face as a visual distraction ALL the time.

If you wanted to mount it higher than the HVAC vent, you could either use a universal A-pillar pod or something like this to mount it at the base of the windshield:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/atm-2204/overview/

The Version 5.2 User manuals do not appear to show what the main and mini connectors look like or where they plug in. Figure 1 only shows the two analogs and some jumper, and is too fuzzy to clearly determine anything else. Do you have a better picture of the back of this gauge?

I unfortunately didn't take a picture of the back of the gauge. There are two plugs, both of which are about a 1/8" square. One plug is for the OBD-II cord. The other plug has 3 wires off of it: one for switched 12 V (not needed in our application) the other two for the analog sensors, which Aeroforce also sells.

Also, is its OBDII plug a "pass-through" kind of thing or would you need to remove it should you wish to connect a different scan tool?

No, it's a standard OBD-II plug, so you'd have to unplug the gauge if you want to use a different scan tool. I wonder if it would be possible to install a second OBD-II port, though?

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Norm, this is the OBD-II plug for the back of the gauge. The analog input plug looks very similar:

18%20Cable%20Installed-XL.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back