SS KILLR's '13 5.0 build thread.

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
Email and dyno tunes are EXACTLY the same... Same numbers, same logs. The only difference with the dyno is that you get to touch and feel/inspect the car if something isnt right. But if you're a good owner, you will be on top of it and do exactly what the tuner says, and adjust exactly what he says to adjust.

And besides, how can you beat the real weight/conditions/load of a street pull? The dyno just tries to replicate real life, why not just do it in REAL LIFE. lol

SS KILLR

Killer of the SS
Reaction score
Created vacuum for both sides
8aze5ajy.jpg

ymepavun.jpg

eqeqese6.jpg

edu9yhuz.jpg

Kimura

!> /\/\
Reaction score
Email and dyno tunes are EXACTLY the same... Same numbers, same logs. The only difference with the dyno is that you get to touch and feel/inspect the car if something isnt right. But if you're a good owner, you will be on top of it and do exactly what the tuner says, and adjust exactly what he says to adjust.

And besides, how can you beat the real weight/conditions/load of a street pull? The dyno just tries to replicate real life, why not just do it in REAL LIFE. lol

I somewhat agree with your comment. Street datalogging is absolutely the best way to go, but only if the tuner is in the car when its happening. Street datalogging without the tuner in the car is risky. You could be on a full bad pull and not even know it until it was too late.

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
I somewhat agree with your comment. Street datalogging is absolutely the best way to go, but only if the tuner is in the car when its happening. Street datalogging without the tuner in the car is risky. You could be on a full bad pull and not even know it until it was too late.

True, but a good tuner knows to lock your ass down and set fail safes. Like the base tune has limitations and what not. Also, the tuner should give specific directions about what to do and what not to do. I felt VERY safe during my logging sessions with my tuner, and he baby stepped me all the way to where I am now. Which is pure smooth boosty awesomeness. lol

Case in point, as of today I am on my final revision until I get to a dyno. And Im the one who wants to get on the rollers, not him. We started Jan 9th and finished with the last email revision today. My tuner was so involved and ready to adjust in small steps that we emailed and had discussions that amounted to 113 emails, and 12 revisions. And thats only because I was a dick and swapped pulleys and injectors on him. :crazy: My point, he was super involved and ready to go all day everyday. I think he shits with a computer, cuz hes always on it.

All in all, I think email tunes are VERY safe as long as both parties are active and involved. Now get a 19 year old kid in a brand new blown coyote, and a tuner whos too busy to give instructions because he thinks the driver should already know what to do.... disaster.

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
NICE! Just got mine too. Our cars are like cousins, and Darrens is the red headed step child that never gets to come out and play.

2 red 13's on boost drive by, 1 red garage 13 stares through the window crying...

True story

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
NICE! Just got mine too. Our cars are like cousins, and Darrens is the red headed step child that never gets to come out and play.

2 red 13's on boost drive by, 1 red garage 13 stares through the window crying...

True story

crying.gif
baby.gif
bat.gif

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back