Stock cat exhaust pipes

dakotanut

Reaction score
Need some help. Do I buy, make or find someone with it to put back on my 06 Stang. Thanks.

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
Do you have the stock exhaust manifolds? If so, I would try to return to the original catted H pipe if you need the cats. Where are you located, I have my original one I could sell.

dakotanut

Reaction score
Do you have the stock exhaust manifolds? If so, I would try to return to the original catted H pipe if you need the cats. Where are you located, I have my original one I could sell.
I have the stock manifolds. I'm in Texas. S.W of Houston.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
I'm assuming that you have an offroad midpipe, so you could just plumb in a pair of high flow cats e.g. Pypes in the same location that the stock cats would have been. Then you'd pass the inspection and emissions.

PonyBoy

Reaction score
Probably won't help you, but if someone else is interested I have original exhaust manifolds and H pipes with cats from 2010 4.6L. I am in NY

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I'm assuming that you have an offroad midpipe, so you could just plumb in a pair of high flow cats e.g. Pypes in the same location that the stock cats would have been. Then you'd pass the inspection and emissions.
It depends on what the state's requirements are. If the state in question does a visual inspection? they can legally fail the vehicle if they can determine the OEM mid-pipe has been removed or changed. There's also no guarantee that high-flow cats will pass the OBDII emissions test, especially those with 200-300 cells per square inch due to their higher flow rates over the stock cat's 600 cell per square inch. Personally, I really don't think that just plumbing in a pair of high-flow cats will be enough to pass the OBDII emissions test without adding a pair of spark plug non-foulers to the rear 02 sensors :shrug:

Last edited:

dakotanut

Reaction score
It depends on what the state's requirements are. If the state in question does a visual inspection? they can legally fail the vehicle if they can determine the OEM mid-pipe has been removed or changed. There's also no guarantee that high-flow cats will pass the OBDII emissions test, especially those with 200-300 cells per square inch due to their higher flow rates over the stock cat's 600 cell per square inch. Personally, I really don't think that just plumbing in a pair of high-flow cats will be enough to pass the OBDII emissions test without adding a pair of spark plug non-foulers to the rear 02 sensors :shrug:
That's why I'm trying to find the stock pipe with cats. I can do the nonfoulers too but rather have the stock pipe for the smog test.

dakotanut

Reaction score
I bought the car this way and have no idea which of the previous 3 owners took them off.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
There's got to be a salvage yard nearby somewhere...make a trip & pull some parts. Hell, we still have my son's 2016 stock exhaust hanging/taking up space in my garage...there are stock exhaust parts everywhere...just have to look/hunt.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back