Thinking of Purchasing Nitrous Outlet Plate Nitrous Kit ,what's needed?

unas2k5

forum member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of purchasing a Nitrous Outlet Plate Nitrous Kit.

I just wanted to know if I went with the Nitrous Outlet Plate Nitrous Kit would I need any other parts for the install?

I saw that they have two types of kit. One of them is a hardline kit, what does that mean?

I have a 5.0 with a Road Runner short block forged internals, Tr6060 and Mcleaod Twin disc clutch +

Thanks

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of going the same route. Hardline kit. Purge kit for the cool factor. Bottle heater although I was thinking maybe a pressure assist kit would work best.

I think tracks require a blowdown tube.

Controller.

Ummmm.. the Nitrous Outlet guys can probably provide better guidance.

unas2k5

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks,

I've never used nitrous but know guys that do.
What does a purge kit do? Whats a controller for? It can't be run without?

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks,

I've never used nitrous but know guys that do.
What does a purge kit do? Whats a controller for? It can't be run without?
a purge purges any air out of the line so theres no delay when you spray. it hits instantly.

id recommend a window switch, especially with a stick car. a "controller" im assuming he's referring to a nitrous controller...brings the nitrous in gradually instead of one big "hit"...makes it easier to hook up out of the hole.

onebadgsx

Reaction score
nitrous outlet has a all in 1, window switch tps, with 1st gear lock out.
if running at the track you will need a blow down tube
you will need a heater to keep press up
you will need a purge to release air from system, or lower press if there is to much
elec n2o gauge is nice way to keep a eye on the press
remote bottle opener makes it fun on the street

gtmiller1001

forum member
Reaction score
^^This.

I am currently finishing my Nitrous Outlet plate kit. I didn't get the hardline kit at first but, after trying to route the stiff braided lines from solenoids to the plate tried it out. Unfortunately, I really couldn't get the bracket that they use for the hard line kit to fit well with my JLT CAI, and I do have the stock intake manifold. I went to the store yesterday and picked up a cheap pair of tubing benders and am going to make my own hardlines as I can't mount the solenoids on the plate for the Nitrous Outlet ones.

That being said, here's everything I picked up:

Plate kit
Progressive controller
Purge kit
remote opener
electric autometer gauge for my SOS pod
console mounted switch panel

I'll put a bottle heater in when the weather cools off but opted not to right now. The progressive controller is something I'd highly recommend. You're going to want a window switch anyways, so spend just a little more and get the progressive unit. Like onebadgsx said, you can dial in when and how much of the nitrous hits, so you could spray at 60% for the first 2 seconds of WOT and then have it come on 100% so you don't just spin the tires.

The console mounted switch panel is just badass in my opinion, makes for a very clean install.

If you were going to just go with the most basic setup you could, you could just get the kit and window switch with a pressure gauge that goes on the bottle. You're going to save yourself a lot of headache and time if you just go ahead and get the accessories you want now rather than later though. If you do decide to go simple, I'd suggest checking out instructions for all of the things you will get in the future and running wiring for them while you're doing the install later.

The most important thing I can tell you is that the guys at Nitrous Outlet have been EXTREMELY helpful. I knew just a little about nitrous kits and did the install myself. They were always available and answered ALL of my many many questions. I'd go with them hands down over any other company. Not that the others aren't great, but there is no way they could provide better customer service than Nitrous Outlet...maybe equal to, but not better. I went through Jarrod at LRS and got everything, I'd suggest the same to you as you can get the forum discount.

Graham2

Reaction score
^^This.

I am currently finishing my Nitrous Outlet plate kit. I didn't get the hardline kit at first but, after trying to route the stiff braided lines from solenoids to the plate tried it out. Unfortunately, I really couldn't get the bracket that they use for the hard line kit to fit well with my JLT CAI, and I do have the stock intake manifold. I went to the store yesterday and picked up a cheap pair of tubing benders and am going to make my own hardlines as I can't mount the solenoids on the plate for the Nitrous Outlet ones.

That being said, here's everything I picked up:

Plate kit
Progressive controller
Purge kit
remote opener
electric autometer gauge for my SOS pod
console mounted switch panel

I'll put a bottle heater in when the weather cools off but opted not to right now. The progressive controller is something I'd highly recommend. You're going to want a window switch anyways, so spend just a little more and get the progressive unit. Like onebadgsx said, you can dial in when and how much of the nitrous hits, so you could spray at 60% for the first 2 seconds of WOT and then have it come on 100% so you don't just spin the tires.

The console mounted switch panel is just badass in my opinion, makes for a very clean install.

If you were going to just go with the most basic setup you could, you could just get the kit and window switch with a pressure gauge that goes on the bottle. You're going to save yourself a lot of headache and time if you just go ahead and get the accessories you want now rather than later though. If you do decide to go simple, I'd suggest checking out instructions for all of the things you will get in the future and running wiring for them while you're doing the install later.

The most important thing I can tell you is that the guys at Nitrous Outlet have been EXTREMELY helpful. I knew just a little about nitrous kits and did the install myself. They were always available and answered ALL of my many many questions. I'd go with them hands down over any other company. Not that the others aren't great, but there is no way they could provide better customer service than Nitrous Outlet...maybe equal to, but not better. I went through Jarrod at LRS and got everything, I'd suggest the same to you as you can get the forum discount.

I don't have anything to post now Greg... :beerchug2:

Very appreciated. And also you guys an always get with us as he has for tech help or install help.

He has a good parts list there for you and The guys at LRS are a great dealer of ours. Give them a shout and then you can get with us if you have any further questions or problems.

scotty2hottie

Reaction score
Nano ftw!!! After I tired it the bottle heater was never used again.

Hardlines are alot shorter then the braided line kit. I switched to the hardline and noticed a better 60' due to the solenoids being closer to the plate. It wasn't a huge difference but every bit counts. Purge will also help keep the 60' consistent and faster if u track it.

It's a great kit and they are great helpful guys. Have fun with it.

unas2k5

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone :)

Do you guys think shooting 175-200 on a Boss block is safe? lol

:beer:

Any cutting required?

Last edited by a moderator:

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Cutting of what? You'll have to wire it up and you will also have to mount your bottle which might be considered cutting ;)

Plate kit is nice as I have the plate conversion; much cleaner than a nozzle hanging out of the intake.

onebadgsx

Reaction score
lethal runs 175 on their shop boss 302. it is a zex 175 though so its rated at the motor not the wheels like the n2o outlet kit.

unas2k5

forum member
Reaction score
lethal runs 175 on their shop boss 302. it is a zex 175 though so its rated at the motor not the wheels like the n2o outlet kit.

Cool,

I heard the way manufacturers rate it doesnt matter and that a 175 shot is a 175 shot.

unas2k5

forum member
Reaction score
no. Zex rates their shots at the motor approximately. NX and Nitrous Outlet rates theirs at the wheels.

What's different about it though? How are they really rating it? Isn't it all about the tune? If I go buy nitrous from the same place and load it into a zex bottle and a NO bottle shouldn't it be equal? lol

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Thanks but are all 175 shots equal?
For example a nitrous outlet plate kit calls for 57/34 or 57/35 for a 125 shot. Zex asks for a 54/34.

Obviously the bigger the nitrous jet; the larger the shot. Many companies rate their kits at the rear wheel though zex rates their kits at the flywheel I do believe

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back