THis is why you don't heat your tires in the water box

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Obviously you guys are not aware of the Pro Stock style burnout procedure that will not only dry any residual water from the starting line area but will also thoroughly piss off the starting line personnel. :evil:

I've done it a couple of times at HRP and at the FFW races. Used to do it when the damn Focus' would drag water up to the starting line.

DS, what is the method you are talking about. would it be buring across the line

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
The dumbass track operators at US131 dragway wet everything, so even us guys in street tires have to burn out to get the damn water off our tires. Half the time I have to power brake and smoke the shit out of my street tires because there is no way around the water. Said something to them, and they didn't seem to give a shit.

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
The dumbass track operators at US131 dragway wet everything, so even us guys in street tires have to burn out to get the damn water off our tires. Half the time I have to power brake and smoke the shit out of my street tires because there is no way around the water. Said something to them, and they didn't seem to give a shit.
It's like that at Barona. The entire width of the staging lane is watered down. This may be hurting my 60' times, as my avg is 2.2 w/street tires. I have hit 1.9s a few times on street tires.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Now, SD, you know that you're supposed to just pull up near the line, stop and politely point out to the nice starter man that there's water (a safety hazard) on his track and wait for him to clean it up. Then say "thank you, sir"...

Yeah...that always works. :thud: Remember the animated black guy at Atlanta who would NOT let me drive around the water box? The one I flipped off? The same one who stood in front of the car after I did so......until I started the burnout??? :evil:

I dunno, i dont think ive ever seen it before... *shrug*
I do it once a year or so at FFW. Sammy (the official FFW starter) would shake his finger at me as I backed up. Afterward qualifying was over I was "obliged" to give him access to the beer cooler at the trailer. :beer:

SD, what is the method you are talking about. would it be buring across the line

YUP! Blip the throttle in the water; pull forward about two-three feet; set the line lock; begin burnout in low gear, at 5500 shift to second, at 5500 shift to third, at 5500 shift to fourth and release line lock......and just let it eat!!!!! Take it out to about 20 feet past the starting line. In n/a form there was no way in hell the car would do it. With turbos it's pretty easy. :beerdrink:

Steps

forum member
Reaction score
Used to see the same thing at National Trails in Columbus, OH. Test and Tune nights were a joke sometimes...

Most fun I had in Ohio was at Norwalk when we rented the track. Having a private event with people who know what they are doing makes for a GREAT time.

I am hoping I don't see it as much at Bandimere. We shall see!

AlloyGT

Lurker
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The track crew at Bandimere is pretty good. When someone does drag water up past the burnout area they hold you back while they mop it up.

Kind of pisses me off, cause I'm in the zone by the time I get there, and it breaks my concentration waiting for them.

Steps

forum member
Reaction score
The track crew at Bandimere is pretty good. When someone does drag water up past the burnout area they hold you back while they mop it up.

Kind of pisses me off, cause I'm in the zone by the time I get there, and it breaks my concentration waiting for them.

That is great to hear, and I agree 100%.

I can't wait until the track opens!

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well my buddy got it right tonight and started finally snatching some low 1.9 60' times.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back