"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
b46d65bb270b232f325079b3eeb4a539.jpg

95c4cefd383a72932884bce5720a43e4.jpg

b00cd7bf86edfd86a7e0420bc9fbb41b.jpg

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
As soon as I get it I'll take some! One of the wheels had some curb rash and they're fixing it for me

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
I'm assuming you mean Carfax?

Stkjock tree'd me but thank you for providing that info I appreciate it!

As of now they are replacing all the brakes and rotors for me and refinishing the wheels with curb rash plus all filters and fluids will be changed.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
"One of the wheels had some curb rash and they're fixing it for me"

=

"this car is sold, let's go fill it with 87, but first, take it for lunch, burnouts, donuts, high speed passes, wooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
When I picked up my brand new Bullitt the stereo was cranked, bass all the way up, and it was just SEARING hot from having the wheels bagged off of it. Hehe. Full of premium, though. I specified.*

*Vehicle may not have been filled with premium.

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
I'm assuming you mean Carfax?

"One of the wheels had some curb rash and they're fixing it for me"

=

"this car is sold, let's go fill it with 87, but first, take it for lunch, burnouts, donuts, high speed passes, wooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

When I picked up my brand new Bullitt the stereo was cranked, bass all the way up, and it was just SEARING hot from having the wheels bagged off of it. Hehe. Full of premium, though. I specified.*

*Vehicle may not have been filled with premium.

Call me crazy but I did take note of the mileage after driving it for the second time yesterday.

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
no he means Oasis - that's Ford's internal system for tracking work on a vehicle
Oh I see. Not familiar with Fords internal systems. I work at a BMW store in the service department. Their internal warranty history tracking is called DCS. I thought oasis was an auto-correct fail for Carfax haha. Now I know!

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
I can't wait to see the pics of this bad girl

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
I can't wait to see the pics of this bad girl

Trust me I have been at the dealership almost every day this week! hopefully it will be done and ready and I can pick it up on the way home. If not it will be tomorrow morning waiting on new brake rotors for the front end...

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
Trust me I have been at the dealership almost every day this week! hopefully it will be done and ready and I can pick it up on the way home. If not it will be tomorrow morning waiting on new brake rotors for the front end...

Dealers are kinda funny about selling used vehicles. Bought a 2013 F-250 XLT 4x4 6.7L CC recently, when I looked at it at the dealership they acted like I was twisting their arm when I negotiated a new pair of rear tires (they were completely bald, wear marks were flat) and a oil/filter change with a fluid top off. And I beat 'em down on price a bit, sticker $38k, walked out $32k.

I understand used cars are used. But if you're a major Ford dealership and you're selling a car/truck that's in dire need of maintenance, as in it may fail just going out for a test drive, fucking fix it. Otherwise you're going to have customers come in and either low-ball you over maintenance costs or be willing to buy with conditions of fixing it anyway. The "AS-IS" checked box don't scare me, you're gonna fix it or sit on it, and I'll take my cash elsewhere.

Make 'um buff that snake badge 'til it hurts to look at too!

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
Dealers are kinda funny about selling used vehicles. Bought a 2013 F-250 XLT 4x4 6.7L CC recently, when I looked at it at the dealership they acted like I was twisting their arm when I negotiated a new pair of rear tires (they were completely bald, wear marks were flat) and a oil/filter change with a fluid top off. And I beat 'em down on price a bit, sticker $38k, walked out $32k.

I understand used cars are used. But if you're a major Ford dealership and you're selling a car/truck that's in dire need of maintenance, as in it may fail just going out for a test drive, fucking fix it. Otherwise you're going to have customers come in and either low-ball you over maintenance costs or be willing to buy with conditions of fixing it anyway. The "AS-IS" checked box don't scare me, you're gonna fix it or sit on it, and I'll take my cash elsewhere.

Make 'um buff that snake badge 'til it hurts to look at too!
Problem is the person trading their car in thinks it's mint condition and needs nothing and wants top retail value for their trade...I see it every day that the sales department over pays for cars that need work. If we were to fix everything then the car would retail for to much and never sell that way either. The system is flawed and will never be perfect. If you want top dollar for your car sell it on your own. Bc trading it in there will always be an unhappy party either the person trading it in won't get what they want or the future owner can't have the car completely reconditioned...or the dealership doesn't make any profit...

Last edited:

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
hehe, dealership not making profit selling used cars... hehehehehe.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back