Tuner that will respond?

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a tuner for my engine mods and swap. I called LUND, JMS, and a few others and can't get more than a cursory reply if any.

What is the deal? Are these guys so much a premadonna that I'll need to do it myself?

crjackson

Reaction score
Good question. I went with a local/reputable Dyno-Shop. That way I can go get in his face when I need to.

Barring that, I’d give Shaun at AED a call and see what happens.

(916) 715-7569

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
They hate swaps and stuff as they think there'll be mechanical issues and atypical stuff, and they won't make any money on the job.

Probably correct.

I recommend you get HP tuners and do it yourself. N/A?

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
You may end up doing it yourself. I got my first tune from a tuner. After two years of revisions and.getting nowhere, I bought the sct software and.had all my quirkie issues fixed in about 4 months. (Pretty complex pcm) And I have a gen1, the easiest coyote generation to tune.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Thats not completely true. Depends on pcm code how easy it is lol. Mine is the worst to tune.
What is difficult with yours? This copperhead is a different animal for sure when it comes to tuning.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The support for different pcm numbers. I had ygk1 and it was a bitch to tune so it was changed to one that had better results.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
This is a coyote swap. Lito did not do coyote tunes as of about two years ago.

Thanks for that bit of info. Didn't know that. I was certain about Lund and VMP doing Coyote tunes. What about Power By The Hour?

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for that bit of info. Didn't know that. I was certain about Lund and VMP doing Coyote tunes. What about Power By The Hour?
I have the sct software. I am not relying on anyone for stuff I can do myself. :)

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't think PBH does tuning

OP - have you reached out to Palm Beach Dyno? Ken B there is pretty good

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How deep into the swap are you? Is a Holley Terminator EFI out of the question? Allows you to tune it yourself. You are beholden to no one and things happen on your schedule.

MrBhp

Reaction score
Bridge City Texas is only a 3 hour drive from Baton Rouge. Triangle Speed (in Bridge City) is the shit.

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
Palm beach sounds like a go and triangle speed!
It’s already wired and I have too much tied into the current control system to move.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back