Tunes for 5.0 On3 Twin Kit.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
I had heard a lot of good things about Lund, but he will not tune for any twin turbo kit but his own "fluid" kit because of it being competition.:thud:

Curious who you guys are using for a tuner with the on3 twin turbo kit. My money circumstances may be changing (I'll know tomorrow) and I may be able to get boost way sooner than I thought, so I'm trying to get a game plan:idea:

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Better be ready to modify the kit to get it to make power. They dont make power out of the box.

slagburn

forum member
Reaction score
Ell oh ell, they don't make power huh? Ooookay.

I think tss has done a bunch of them, not sure if they will remote tune though.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Better be ready to modify the kit to get it to make power. They dont make power out of the box.

I know of someone running 8.9x with the on3 base kit. Stock 60mm turbos, wastegate, bov, etc. on the Anything Coyote facebook page.

Another guy is running near the same and all he did was swap to different turbos, he wanted bigger ones. He runs barely slower than the guy with the base kit.

I know the capabilities of the kit, I'm just looking for opinions of tuners from people who are using the kit

slagburn

forum member
Reaction score
jewc75, that's my car that ran 8.90/ 157. You're right. I had to modify a lot of things. It has a built motor, fuel system, Exedy clutches and a converter.

But the kit is exactly as it came from on3. Same piping, gates, bov, turbos, all of it. I'm sorry if you can't bring yourself to believe that, but it's the truth.

Last edited:

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats awesome, but you are right. Its hard to believe when almost every person that has gone that route had to modify it to get the backpressure down.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had heard a lot of good things about Lund, but he will not tune for any twin turbo kit but his own "fluid" kit because of it being competition.:thud:

Curious who you guys are using for a tuner with the on3 twin turbo kit. My money circumstances may be changing (I'll know tomorrow) and I may be able to get boost way sooner than I thought, so I'm trying to get a game plan:idea:

You could give Mike Rousch at MAP a call. He tuned Greg's On3 5.0 kit but I know he hated it, so he may not be interested.

slagburn

forum member
Reaction score
I haven't heard of anyone having to do such a thing. Could this have been from one of the older versions that have been revised?

Now back to the OP's question, have you called TSS?

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL, I'm so glad we are out from under on3 now, what a headache that was! Even as former dealers customer service and QA were so lacking. That's enough for me to stay away regardless if the product can work. Op where are you located that will help people point you toward a tuner.

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Thats awesome, but you are right. Its hard to believe when almost every person that has gone that route had to modify it to get the backpressure down.

Who is every person? Examples and BP readings or dyno/track results? I'm a big supporter of the Fluid kit as I love it, but can't make stuff up about on3 when it isn't valid.

Seen it with my own eyes, may be hard to believe for those that don't have any firsthand experience and go by what the net repeats, but for Jon it is working great.

Only thing is the pipe for the MAF is tiny, so have to get the PRO M maf I believe or get a bigger maf pipe built. Not sure why they don't just include a bigger maf pipe in the kit? And maybe the stocker could be scaled, not sure on that one.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
I haven't called TSS, I just got in contact with Sai Li who is apparently a pretty good tuner, I believe the tuner of slagburns car that went 8.87 @ 156.

He recommends returnless, ID1000 injectors and E85 for my goals, which is 600rwhp.
I planned on a BAP and 93 octane, is that a bad idea? Should I make another thread for that topic?

Hate the idea of how much the fuel side would cost if I actually had to swap to returnless. He said on his car he did his own and it cost him around $800. No clue how much a already put together returnless setup would cost, but I'm sure it's a pretty "uncomfortable" price as $800 alone for the swap is quite a lot, I'm not sure if that included a new pump or not yet.

I thought many people were running BAP with ID1000 on 93 at the 600rwhp range

slagburn

forum member
Reaction score
I haven't called TSS, I just got in contact with Sai Li who is apparently a pretty good tuner, I believe the tuner of slagburns car that went 8.87 @ 156.

He recommends returnless, ID1000 injectors and E85 for my goals, which is 600rwhp.
I planned on a BAP and 93 octane, is that a bad idea? Should I make another thread for that topic?

Hate the idea of how much the fuel side would cost if I actually had to swap to returnless. He said on his car he did his own and it cost him around $800. No clue how much a already put together returnless setup would cost, but I'm sure it's a pretty "uncomfortable" price as $800 alone for the swap is quite a lot, I'm not sure if that included a new pump or not yet.

I thought many people were running BAP with ID1000 on 93 at the 600rwhp range

Yes we worked on the tune quite a bit, it was a good learning experience for me.

Don't you mean return system though? These cars have a returnless system stock. I'm a fan of getting all the fuel system you can afford just in case things get a little nutty down the road.

Mustangfan

forum member
Reaction score
You were in here asking questions months ago about your M90 kit OP. You were asking many of the same questions.

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score

Sure you're not thinking of Hellion?

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Slag confirmed there was an old kit and a new redesigned kit. The old kit is the one with the problems that i must be thinking of.

slagburn

forum member
Reaction score
I think all on3 changed was the downpipes, intercooler inlet and intercooler brackets? Never touched a kit before April 2014 so not sure.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Yes we worked on the tune quite a bit, it was a good learning experience for me.

Don't you mean return system though? These cars have a returnless system stock. I'm a fan of getting all the fuel system you can afford just in case things get a little nutty down the road.

Yea I meant return lol, had returnless on the brain.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back