Twin Twins

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Here is s pic of it with tstat in stock location. All we did was put it on didnt have to move it at all.

Yeah that looks really good and natural and how I'd like to orient mine :hi:

But, with the bend on the bottom of that pipe, in relation to that upper section, that orientation does not seem feasible. I'll get some pics today. Maybe we can figure out a way to set it up so it is straighter.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Here's some pics of the setup in my car now: the angle of the up-pipe can be met if the lower end is swung out a little farther back, to rest more under the swaybar support.

S2011839.jpg

S2011840.jpg

S2011841.jpg

S2011842.jpg

S2011843.jpg

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Your pipes fit very nicely!

My i/c-to-t/b pipes are in place in the best orientation and position I could get them. Turning the big 90 from the i/c around makes it even worse.
The sway bar mounts get in the way, if try to go farther back, and/or the radiator support prevents the pipe from going any higher than shown.
Yes a better overall angle can be obtained, it seems if the length of the 90 was longer. I will investigate that when I look at it again.

And as far as the BOV pipe, that orientation and alignment is impossible with the piping provided. As on the driver side, the radiator support's sway bar mount surface is in the way for proper pipe placement, AND the location of the bend going into the i/c is too far inward toward the middle to fit as shown; by adding a 3" pipe extension between the 90 and the i/c, a similar and better placement of the 90* into the i/c was achieved. And with the stock washer fluid reservoir in place and the a/c lines there, the bov would not fit as shown.
One of the issues could also have been that the 90* silicon coupler was a very tight 90, and not a better longer/gradual one like shown in your pic; the dimensions of the coupler shown above would help determine if that was the issue. (I have ordered a longer/better-fitting 90* coming next week, and I'll try it).

Last edited:

Bobby

turbo gt about to go fast
Reaction score
just out side of charlotte north carolina
Ok sounds good. My piping yours and the rest were made on the same jig. It may be the couplers. Not sure. If i were there i would be able to tell. Pics are just so hard to tell what is going on exactly. All the pics from above are from other cars not my car.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
After obtaining some additional parts, I completed connecting the piping on both sides of the i/c.
The y-pipe fit pretty good once it was on the turbos, and they were rotated to where they needed to go. Still, there was a spot near the a/c compressor that actually contacted the BMR k-member, on the top side of the pipe; made a little dent into the pipe to give it room to move. The BOV pipe fit very well once I added a 3" section of pipe between the i/c and silicon 90*, thereby moving the BOV out a little away from the body, so that it now clears the a/c lines and everything nicely. In doing this, it also moved the pipe away from the lower end of the sway bar mount more, which I trimmed a little off to give more room for the BOV pipe. I used a little-longer 90* silicon coupler vs. the one in the kit, which worked perfectly for the length changes at the i/c end.

On the driver side, the section from the i/c to the t/b, a similar modification was made that got the piping in a very good position and angle. I added a 3" length of extension pipe (3.5" diameter), in between the 90* on the i/c outlet, and ahead of the 90* pipe. Orienting the 90* pipe so that the longer end went to the t/b pipe, and the 3" extension was on the shorter end. This really helped the angle of the pipe on the bottom-side of the coupler at the t/b, so that now it aligns squarely into the coupler, instead of at that bad angle shown in earlier pics. Again, everything came out well, with good clearances and fitment everywhere now.

(I'll post up the pics I took later).

Getting ready to make the cooling lines and vacuum lines, and wrap everything up. Another good long day of work and i should be ready to fire her up!

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah, end in site! I actually like the look of the bare aluminum on your setup.

Last edited:

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Well, it's been a long journey, but finally, started her up today!
Still got a couple of minor things to resolve, including a small coolant leak, and may have a fuel line seeping a little. She sounded mean and nasty (with no exhaust).
:beer:

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Two weeks and counting. Whats up with the car?

v6tungsten

forum member
Reaction score
Any input on if this kit is an easy install with the tr6060? I know you have a custom setup but just looking for others that have installed this kit. I'd like to get it but dont want to to any custom fab work like you are doing.

I'd also need the cats on my car to pass emissions testing

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
I know you basically had to modify every single part to get this kit installed. But its going on 8 months now!!! Are you close to getting back on the road?

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Well, that is not exactly true; sure a lot had to be changed, but now...
IT WAS WORTH IT!!!

Getting things running and driving the car, I'm happy with where she is right now.
The car is back on the road, with Lito-tuning in progress. The sound of them turbos is f'n awesome!!!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back