Valve Springs 4.6 3v

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Nice, these are the springs I'm pondering too.

The PAC-1233 worked great with my 127300 cams, but over-powered the VCTs as they were limited to 20 degrees, but could not control them.

Since I am going with a 0.555 max lift cam, I could get away with the same springs (PAC-1233) which are speced to 0.550 max lift; but I figured I would be safe and run the PAC-1533 with a 0.575 max lift.

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
+1 for the PAC valve springs. I have the 1233s in my 3V 5.0 motor, and run the PAC 1521 dual valve springs in my Corvette. I will always use PAC brand springs based on my experience with Comp Cams springs.

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
Since I finished the spring swap I'm installing the cams tonight and have a question for those of you who have lockouts. I found comp cams data tables for the limiters, since I'm locking out the phasers I'm going to set all these values in these 7 tables to zero. Would this work? or do we have more tables to deal with. I use the SCT Advantage 3 software.

gQKLIEJ.jpg

aleborjas

forum member
Reaction score
i always use now pac springs since they use the stock retainer it weights almost like comp titanium retainer thats why i like the stock ones because is light and save $400+

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Turn the vct switch to 0 and all of the vct tables will disappear. IIRC it's in misc.

Since I finished the spring swap I'm installing the cams tonight and have a question for those of you who have lockouts. I found comp cams data tables for the limiters, since I'm locking out the phasers I'm going to set all these values in these 7 tables to zero. Would this work? or do we have more tables to deal with. I use the SCT Advantage 3 software.

gQKLIEJ.jpg

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
Yep did it, found that switch for the VCT, mine was in system switches in the Pro Racer Software Zero'd out the tables anyway. Took some time to get that motor to start after the spring and cam swap with those phasers locked. It's been so cold up in northern IL that it would flood out after a few seconds of running, must of tried 15 times. I turned up the Idle to 900, went into the cold start fuel tables and raised everthing to 1 from -25 to +25deg, and then took 20% out of the maf transfer on everthing under 200 counts. This car has not seen winter and after all the mods and tunes over the years it never had the cold start tables setup since it's not a DD. Starts and idles nice now though, will start datalogging and send info to my tuner so we can make adjustments that will allow me to drive out and have him tune it on the dyno.

Last edited:

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like the pac sprins are a tick shorter in the side by side photo

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back