Wastegates for boost

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I guess i should have worded my question better. Is there any more parasitic loss from spinning the supercharger harder at a higher rpm for he same amount of boost? If there is no power loss any where in the rpm range for the same amount pressure. Makes me wonder why more centrifugal superchargers are not setup like this to begin with.

Yes, boost for boost, you'll lose some power on the top end because of the hp it takes to spin the blower harder. This would vary though, depending on which head unit you're running, and how drastic of a pulley size you change. On my F1C Procharger, my top end suffered with the small pulley and wastegate. But the gain in torque down low more than made up for it. But that was a pretty big blower to spin, so it likely took quite a bit more power than a smaller head unit would. I was bleeding off a lot of boost on the top end, and I could tell it was sucking up a lot of power also. I'll bet it was more than 50hp on my setup.

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah that's a big unit to spin. I wonder about a d1 or Novi 2200. how hard you can spin those units before any power loss on the big end.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back