What have you done to your mustang today?

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
Installed a boost Sensor For my nGauge and a MAFia. I did a idle log and a no load rev log. Jon sent an update so then I went out for a WOT pull in third gear for Lund Racing for tuning purposes. Jon said the numbers look awesome. Let me just add that Lund racing has been freaking awesome helping me out on the weekends to get my car tuned and running.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Replaced my 275/40 555 Gen 2 and 305/40 555r setup with 295/35 and 295/40 NT05s.

I was surprised how well the NT05s stick on the street vs the old setup. The front feels a lot more responsive with quicker/sharp turn in. The rears believe it or not hook just as good as the 555rs (600+rwtq) without the hindered cornering performance!

The major attraction with the 295/40 was that it came in a unique 140 thread wear rating. I wasn't sure if they would be up to snuff, so I bit the bullet and tried them out. I'm glad I did! Highly recommend them for someone looking for 555r type stickiness with better cornering ability for the street.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I keep telling people that the NT05 is the truth. I've been through 12 of them so far on my car. Was considering trying the 555g2 next, as they should last a little bit longer, and I'm not super concerned anymore with having an absurd amount of grip.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
cbass, did you drive with your NT05s on the street? Curious as to how many miles you got out of them.

Last year I was doing a track day at the National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park, and I rode with a guy in the advanced group driving a 2012 Boss with NT05s. I couldn't believe how much more grip his car had with those tires than mine did with BFG Sport Comp 2s. I have been wanting to get a set of the NT05s ever since, but I am sure they probably don't last very long on a DD. Since I only get to do a handful of track days a year, not sure if I should consider a separate set of wheels tires for track only use.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
About 7-9k per set. Never had a set last a full season, that's for sure... but I do dumb things, like take road trips on them.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Oil change today at the dealership. They are absolutely amazed at the condition of the tires on the car. 32,4xx miles on the original Pirelli's. They will need to be changed before winter they said. One tire is showing a bit more wear than the others. Rear seal is developing a leak so that will be looked at and they want to get me in ASAP for the air bag recall.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
That fucking airbag recall is tanking trade in value for our cars. Some dealerships won't even touch the car.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Oil change today at the dealership. They are absolutely amazed at the condition of the tires on the car. 32,4xx miles on the original Pirelli's. They will need to be changed before winter they said. One tire is showing a bit more wear than the others. Rear seal is developing a leak so that will be looked at and they want to get me in ASAP for the air bag recall.

That fucking airbag recall is tanking trade in value for our cars. Some dealerships won't even touch the car.

I'm ignoring the recall bullshit until they are actually prepared to do something about it. Got a letter last week from Ford telling me they still won't have the replacement parts until the end of the year and I'll get another letter at that time telling me that the recalled parts are still not available.
:goofy_batman:

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
I did ok on trade in with my 2011, that dealership sold the car less than 2wks after I traded it in

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score

I have been contemplating trading in my ride for something else, maybe an S550 or even a C6 Vette :)omfg:), but between the air bag deal, and the fact that I don't really want to de-mod my car, I am holding out for a little while.

That 0% for 60 months on 2016s is really tempting me right now, though...

Last edited:

D1984

forum member
Reaction score
removed the clutch helper spring. big difference, in a good way. pedal is maybe 10% stiffer and feels like it has a lot less travel. "dead spot" at top it is not nearly as pronounced as online posts would lead you to believe. maybe 1-2cm. engagement point is much more predictable. haven't tested out a 3rd gear run yet to see if the pedal still sticks, although that's been much less common for me since switching to DOT4

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Ok. My car is basically stock with only exhaust springs and wheels. What would be the best 500 dollars spent
1. Tune
2. Navigation system (tomtop/sintegrate/Moddiction)
3. MGW
4. Driving school/HPDE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
How much do you hate the stock shifter?
If not that much, do the tune

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Definitely a tune. Then the shifter.

I don't remember what the stock shifter feels like since I bought the MGW the same day I bought the car.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back