What have you done to your mustang today?

rocky61201

forum member
Reaction score
Ah dang. They worked. Was debating the 8" Skars. I am gonna throw a set of 6.5" speakers in the 8" slot.

My door panels looked bad enough and the fake red leather finally fell off long ago so I decided to port it with a hole saw just to see what happened. Sound's much better. If you're curious they are the Skar VD-8 subwoofer, they need the extra airflow.

IMG_0237.jpg

Last edited:

JimC

Reaction score
Replaced the damaged "rim guard" on the driver side. They got damaged when I used a car wash in the fall before switching to the winter wheels/tires. I have the performance package on my 2019 and the all black wheel doesn't appeal to me, it needs something for the lip so the rim guard gives me an easy to install silver lip. I may paint them this year

And since I am going to be racing this weekend at our annual drag race rental, I decided to swap the plugs. There are only 30,000 miles on them but I was cleaning the engine bay because of the all the crap from winter driving, plugs are cheap, and so decided to go ahead and swap in some new ones. The old ones were gapped to factory settings and hadn't opened up, and a couple were even closed more than factory standard - right where I gapped the new plugs actually.

crjackson

Reaction score
Installed EBC Yellow-Stuff Pads on front, and a new pair of “Frozen Rotors” from Diversified Cryogenics.

xeninworx

Reaction score
Changed my oil. Swapped factory drain plug with a magnetic one that uses a crush washer. Also emptied the catch can. Oil changed at 4000kms.

IMG_9478.jpeg

IMG_9479.jpeg

IMG_9480.jpeg

xeninworx

Reaction score

mpm_1

forum member
Reaction score
rx28HlX.jpeg

Oil changes for the toys

Jwood562

Reaction score
got a pypes x-pipe installed, the cut and clamp style, chose to get it welded instead

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Took it out of the garage so I could get the lawnmower out, and blasted up and down the road a bit so I could finally hear the Borlas scream.
Planning on taking it to work tomorrow, now that the week-long rainfest is over.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Yesterday, I finally found the exact replacement bolts for the ones that came with my Ford Racing/Performance driveshaft.
I've been searching for weeks, Googling, coming up with basically 2 options, factory bolts or Dorman.
The Ford Racing shaft comes with 6 new bolts, 2 black one size, and 4 Allen-head silver bolts, a different size.

Looking at some pics I had taken of the driveshaft before I installed it, I saw the Dana Spicer part number on it (who actually builds it for Ford), then Googled that, then searched on Dana's website and found the 2 part numbers that I was looking for, 128744 and 2021570.
The only place I could find the fkn things was on Summit's website, and the one I wanted 4 of was $8 each, lol.
Shipping and tax later, I'm at over $51 for 6 new bolts.
And why? Because I was an idiot when I installed it and didn't clean the threads in the rear flange before screwing in the new bolts, and I had a very hard time getting them in. Not sure they fully bottomed out, that they're fully tight.
So I'm gonna back them out, clean the threads, and replace them.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back