What have you done to your mustang today?

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
I changed the oil, realigned my exhaust since it got knocked out of whack when I ran over a retread on the highway and then pressure washed the bottom side of the engine compartment.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Albert,
They look so sweet man!
I wanted a set, just had to settle for a used set of CDC's.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
Took the afternoon off from work so I can install my SHR louvers. Sitting here just marveling at how they came out. One of my favorite mods so far...

u7aqy5u4.jpg

Will have better pictures tomorrow when they fully cure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love those. I just wished they looked as good on mineral grey cars.

bradleyem

forum member
Reaction score
Had a good day yesterday...

Driving to work a Genesis came flying up behind me and passed on the right. Guy had his kids in the back seat and they were pointing and laughing as they went by. So, I just stayed a couple of cars behind until traffic cleared. Then I crept up beside him, waved, pulled 4th (we were doing about 80 at that point) and left him in my dust up to 130. Then I slowed down and waited for him to catch up so I could point and laugh.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Stopped by my mechanic buddy's shop. He was swapping a radiator in an Exploder. The temporary rubber caps on the new radiator openings were the perfect size to cap off my sound tube on my intake, so I pulled the sound tube out and capped off the hole. On the firewall side I cut the tube off the rubber grommet then used the other cap and a zip tie to seal off that end. Can't even tell any difference in sound when driving. What a complete waste of time and energy designing and building that monstrosity of a sound tube.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Had a good day yesterday...

Driving to work a Genesis came flying up behind me and passed on the right. Guy had his kids in the back seat and they were pointing and laughing as they went by. So, I just stayed a couple of cars behind until traffic cleared. Then I crept up beside him, waved, pulled 4th (we were doing about 80 at that point) and left him in my dust up to 130. Then I slowed down and waited for him to catch up so I could point and laugh.

Haha! Nicely done! Had a WRX in front of me earlier today and when he saw me in his rear view he gunned it. I eventually caught up to him at the next light and was behind him when he tried it again. I caught second and flew right up behind him. I think he got the point and turned at the next main street. I am LOVING these Conti DW's!!!

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Haha! Nicely done! Had a WRX in front of me earlier today and when he saw me in his rear view he gunned it. I eventually caught up to him at the next light and was behind him when he tried it again. I caught second and flew right up behind him. I think he got the point and turned at the next main street. I am LOVING these Conti DW's!!!

Conti DW's are a Bad-Ass tire :beer:

Terry

bradleyem

forum member
Reaction score
I also went to Quaker Steak & Lube last night to check out the cars and watch the burnouts (the Good guys car show is in town). My daughters boyfriend has a '69 SS Camaro (well his dad does) that they just got restored, and he brought it out. Him and my daughter keep telling me that it'll smoke my car. So, on the way home we found out. Poor thing has basically a stock 327, powerglide, and stock gears. On the highway it didn't have a chance. I need to race him from a dig to see what it can do. But then he went and got his bike (CBR 600RR) and got his man card back.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
HAHAHA! Got his man card back!

Just finished installing my Whiteline trans mount bushing... been sitting on it for 6 months and was just too lazy to get under the car. Wish I would have done it the second I got home... it is still a little sloppy under high revving but much better than before. Also lined up my exhaust tips, hated having one out about a 1/2 further than the other.

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
I also went to Quaker Steak & Lube last night to check out the cars and watch the burnouts (the Good guys car show is in town). My daughters boyfriend has a '69 SS Camaro (well his dad does) that they just got restored, and he brought it out. Him and my daughter keep telling me that it'll smoke my car. So, on the way home we found out. Poor thing has basically a stock 327, powerglide, and stock gears. On the highway it didn't have a chance. I need to race him from a dig to see what it can do. But then he went and got his bike (CBR 600RR) and got his man card back.

Even a '69 327 (compared to later EPA era 327s) isn't going to come close to your car from a dig in stock form. And I'm guessing it's not an original SD car, either. I thought the smallest motor in a Camaro SS was a 350.

bradleyem

forum member
Reaction score
Even a '69 327 (compared to later EPA era 327s) isn't going to come close to your car from a dig in stock form. And I'm guessing it's not an original SD car, either. I thought the smallest motor in a Camaro SS was a 350.

Yep, 69 SS Camaros either had a 350 or a 396.

Depending on heads/cams/carb the 327 can make from ~200HP - almost 400 HP, but judging by how easily I walked away from him last night, I'm thinking it's well under 300HP.

bradleyem

forum member
Reaction score
It's a 4 barrel Rochester carb, but I don't think there's anything done to it at all.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to the drag strip and had a blast! First time running the 1/4 mile, and I loved it.

SSStang

forum member
Reaction score
Washed, debugged!, waxed, wiped door jams trunk and under the hood and some tire shine!
Still a few more days of rain forecasted so this is where it sits till the sun comes back!
559BE304-668E-4CD5-9E2F-9BADBAC8872F_zpsp4wftaih.jpg

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to the drag strip and had a blast! First time running the 1/4 mile, and I loved it.

Were you at RPR? We had 6 or 7 Coyote's and a 2011 Shelby at the track with our group Friday. It was hot and track sucked but we had a good time. If @ RPR where were you pitted at? How did it run?

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was in Ennis at Texas Motorplex. I started of slow feeling it out, we've had two friend knick the wall the last couple of visits, but managed to get a 12.88. A buddy I went with has yet to manage anything better than a 13.0 in his 5.0 auto. It's stock but he was running MT dr's and only managed a 13.1 the whole night. I was on street tires and I have a cai with a canned SCT tune..

I want to go back when it cools off a bit, was 93° I believe.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Albert,
They look so sweet man!
I wanted a set, just had to settle for a used set of CDC's.

Thanks Doug! Hopefully I will get some pics of it today.

I love those. I just wished they looked as good on mineral grey cars.

I think they would look great on any color. Mineral grey is actually one of my favorite colors.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back