What have you done to your mustang today?

wht67

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We hopped into the mustang to go to my belated birthday steak dinner and it was idling rough and a little high. The AF/R was pretty high. So I shut it off and waited until this afternoon to look at it. Was thinking maybe I should look for a vacuum leak and sure enough the hose that goes to the boost/vacuum gauge was floating around and the nipple on the Whipple lower manifold was wide open. The rubber adapter had split and come loose. I decided to replace the nipple with a smaller one that did't stretch the rubber so much. Fixed it up and now she's running great again.

11330002_1024284094261875_139025279965735313_n.jpg

bradleyem

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I replaced the cooling fan on my car last night. Now it works on both low speed and high speed. I do think that there was something wrong with the fan motor, because I forgot how loud the fan was on high speed...I'm pretty sure that even when the old fan was running, it wasn't spinning nearly fast enough. I took it for a drive on city streets, then on the highway for a 100 MPH run, then back to city streets for awhile. The temp never got above 200 and it stayed at 190-196 most of the time. When I got home I opened the bleeder to make sure there was no air coming out, topped off the coolant, and let it run in the driveway with no air flow for almost an hour. The temp stayed at 196. I'm not holding my breath yet, as it was only about 50 degrees yesterday.

I did notice that the high speed fan relay was getting pretty hot. I swapped the horn relay and rear defroster relay with the fan relays since I rarely ever use either of those. I need to order some good quality replacement relays, not some cheap Chinese junk.

claudermilk

Reaction score
For my part, parts are starting to arrive. One 6-point harness, backing plates & most of the snap clips. The other harness, snap clips & eye-bolts should arrive by the weekend. Then to order up the roll bar.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I wonder if Darren's neighbors think he rents a mustang from time to time to feel cool.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
:perkinswhatever:

Gonna drive it again today HATERZZZZZ.... LOL!!!!

Since I've been bonding with it lately, I've really noticed that it just needs "something". Can't put my finger on it. Stripes??? Cobra R hood? something!!!

Kobie

forum member
Reaction score
Installing a bigger supercharger! Ha!
f1502cf93bb437669efb84aeb43ace83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back