What have you done to your mustang today?

travelers

Reaction score
Pulled it out of the valve cover, then with a needle nose plier popped the cap off and the spring and "plunger" slide out. Then put the now open PCV back in the valve cover. It was pretty simple - but at first I didn't think that it would come apart because it looked to be all one piece. As part of the turbo install Hellion says to open it and make it a flow through. I noticed with the re-gapped plugs and flow through PCV that the engine idles much better and it used to "surge" slightly cruising on the highway; gap was at 0.50+ rather than the 0.30 that Hellion says is needed.

Thanks for the info I'll pull mine apart tomorrow

JimC

Reaction score
Picked the car up, but the shop didn't do the hood pins. It was the first time the paint guy had seen Aerocatch pins and he was afraid that he would damage the paint by getting it too hot making the cuts needed. So my wife suggested that I take it to the custom shop in town (they painted my stripes on my 2006) figuring that they have more experience - for some reason she still doesn't trust me to start cutting on the hood myself LOL

The shop did find a bad exhaust leak though and fixed that. Car sounds much better now; I knew that it was leaking but couldn't find it myself. There is still a rattle type sound that is intermittent, it used to start up at 40 mph and now it won't come on until 50 mph. Not constant, just comes and goes for only a few seconds at a time and then it will be quiet again for several minutes. Something about the speed sets off a harmonics vibration/sound. It is very similar to the sound I used to get on my 2006 when the driver side muffler would tap the rear bumper bracket after it warmed up.

Also had a chance to do some data logging for MPT. So far the new spring holds to 6 lbs of boost, right where I want it. I haven't taken it to red line yet though. MPT has me using a tune that will only go to 5,000 rpm for testing purposes. But around 4,000 rpm it hits 6 lbs and holds where the 5 lb spring went to 7 or 8 on the data logging tune (and then to 10+ going to red line)

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Picked the car up, but the shop didn't do the hood pins. It was the first time the paint guy had seen Aerocatch pins and he was afraid that he would damage the paint by getting it too hot making the cuts needed. So my wife suggested that I take it to the custom shop in town (they painted my stripes on my 2006) figuring that they have more experience - for some reason she still doesn't trust me to start cutting on the hood myself LOL

The shop did find a bad exhaust leak though and fixed that. Car sounds much better now; I knew that it was leaking but couldn't find it myself. There is still a rattle type sound that is intermittent, it used to start up at 40 mph and now it won't come on until 50 mph. Not constant, just comes and goes for only a few seconds at a time and then it will be quiet again for several minutes. Something about the speed sets off a harmonics vibration/sound. It is very similar to the sound I used to get on my 2006 when the driver side muffler would tap the rear bumper bracket after it warmed up.

Also had a chance to do some data logging for MPT. So far the new spring holds to 6 lbs of boost, right where I want it. I haven't taken it to red line yet though. MPT has me using a tune that will only go to 5,000 rpm for testing purposes. But around 4,000 rpm it hits 6 lbs and holds where the 5 lb spring went to 7 or 8 on the data logging tune (and then to 10+ going to red line)

Jim,

Well the good thing is the exhaust leak is now fixed.
And the New Spring is working exactly as it is suppose to.:beer:

I'm sure you are anxious to one day be able to actually Floor It and see how it runs under WOT.

Terry

JimC

Reaction score
You are correct Terry, I will be very glad when it is all set up --------- finally!

Stopped by the local custom shop (they did a great job on the paint on my 2006). They looked over the Aerocatch pins and - hood and decided they don't want to tackle it. They've never done them and weren't sure about how to proceed. So placed a call to my friend Carl at Carl's Custom Concepts. He installed and painted the hood, and has done Aerocatch before so asked him to let me know when he can get the car in.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You are correct Terry, I will be very glad when it is all set up --------- finally!

Stopped by the local custom shop (they did a great job on the paint on my 2006). They looked over the Aerocatch pins and - hood and decided they don't want to tackle it. They've never done them and weren't sure about how to proceed. So placed a call to my friend Carl at Carl's Custom Concepts. He installed and painted the hood, and has done Aerocatch before so asked him to let me know when he can get the car in.

Jim, I think it is much better to "Wait" and have a Shop do those pins that have already been there and done that.

Brenspeed did not install the pins in the C/F Seibon hood of mine this last time.
Brent had the Custom Paint Shop guy do them and also to do the install on the Seibon.
Plus that same guy did the Highland Green paint on that Center-Section.
It all worked out very well and that's why I think you are making a wise decision on who does your's.

T.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Jim, I think it is much better to "Wait" and have a Shop do those pins that have already been there and done that.

Brenspeed did not install the pins in the C/F Seibon hood of mine this last time.
Brent had the Custom Paint Shop guy do them and also to do the install on the Seibon.
Plus that same guy did the Highland Green paint on that Center-Section.
It all worked out very well and that's why I think you are making a wise decision on who does your's.

T.

Got pics of the center section?

Saleen304

forum member
Reaction score
Started this morning like this.
dfc4499d3a9038120fa7494f30c965bc.jpg

Ended the day like this.
c5bfaee75c9d34cf5406c0a62956c65b.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back