What the hell is the noise I keep hearing?

rdsx18

forum member
Reaction score
So I have a mysterious noise that I have started to hear since the summer started. I have an 05 GT, 35xxx miles, and I hear a humming noise that starts off as a constant noise from 40-45, then starts to oscillate in and out from 45-50, then it gets lost in the drone and exhaust noises. It is not a gear whine, I know what that is, as I do have some at highway (65+) speeds. It will do it in 4th, 5th, with the clutch pushed in, on accel, and on decel. I really am stumped, my friend said it almost sounded like a wheel bearing, but at 35000 miles? Any help is appreciated.

rdsx18

forum member
Reaction score
Good suggestions, but it doesn't seem like it would be either of those because I can get it to happen a lot in almost any gear, it seems more speed dependent, and it is more like a whine or hum, not vibration. Thanks for the suggestions though!

07torchgt

^MY NAME; THINGS I SAY>
Reaction score
holy shit... im glad i looked in here... i found the noise i have been hearing... its not the same one as you but i stumbled on it in the tsb thread... the fucking manual trans seperator cold start tick at 2000 rpms

wow lol... i guess thanks

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So I have a mysterious noise that I have started to hear since the summer started. I have an 05 GT, 35xxx miles, and I hear a humming noise that starts off as a constant noise from 40-45, then starts to oscillate in and out from 45-50, then it gets lost in the drone and exhaust noises. It is not a gear whine, I know what that is, as I do have some at highway (65+) speeds. It will do it in 4th, 5th, with the clutch pushed in, on accel, and on decel. I really am stumped, my friend said it almost sounded like a wheel bearing, but at 35000 miles? Any help is appreciated.

Bad tire? Have you had your tires rotated lately?

Driveshaft?

HTH

Mike

rdsx18

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, my buddy owns a shop so I will have him re-balance my tires and see if that helps.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back