What will the corona virus do to the car market? (used/car parts)

Reaction score
I'm keeping a very close eye on the used car market and I'm starting to see new faces and lower prices. Found one 13' GT with 60k miles selling for 16k. I'm speculating that a lot of people will be liquidating any car that isn't a daily or work vehicle. I'm also expecting the aftermarket to drop in price as the car season is closed indefinitely. I'm holding out in hopes to get cheaper lights and other smaller appearance stuff - hell, maybe I'll find a performance throttle body and intake for cheap.

What do you guys expect to happen in the coming months? Maybe sell your car or snipe a good deal? Found any cool deals already? If I had more money I'd be on the lookout for vintage cars or exotics, but I'm just searching for a cheaper GT or a fun daily like a brz or hot hatch.

JJ427R

Reaction score
I've been seeing some of the same, but the price of the new GT500 and Corvette have not dropped as of yet. There are some really good deals to be had on 2019's though. Roush is offering 0% financing and I've seen '19 Stage 3's for $10-15k below sticker.

Reaction score
I've been seeing some of the same, but the price of the new GT500 and Corvette have not dropped as of yet. There are some really good deals to be had on 2019's though. Roush is offering 0% financing and I've seen '19 Stage 3's for $10-15k below sticker.
I don't expect new cars, like 5 years old, drop in price very much. But, I'm looking for a boss 302 because that's a good upgrade from a base GT. if I can find a boss 302 around 19k I'll gladly pick one up.

A lot of places are starting to offer 0% financing, maybe I'll buy some part for my future 13 gt if I see any great deals. Even though I don't have my GT at the right time, I can always buy parts like exhaust or lights.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Hard to say at this point. But, I saw gas for $1.90!
I can see sales for sure to stir business.
No plans on selling anything, well maybe the 91 if the right buyer comes along.

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
i have been watching the car market also, got the dealership to drop the price on a new Mustang GT coupe from almost 37k to just over 30k. They knock 3k off sticker, then another 3500 in rebates, but I am waiting to see what can be done on a Premium GT. Also found a 2014 GT500 for 39k, haven't worked on the price yet because it is out of state.

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Oil for starters is WAY down, I got Premium 93 for $1.71. Regular was under $1.50. And the aftermarket world will hurt, AccuAir closed its doors over the weekend.

Reaction score
Oh yeah, forgot about the gas prices, in my area premium gas is 1.80 and normal stuff is 1.70. I can fill my tank for less than 20 bucks on premium gas.

I low-key feel like a vulture waiting for everything to crash and burn so I can pick parts and cars on the cheap, but life be like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

JJ427R

Reaction score
We had gas here in MN last week for $1.59

I've got my eye on a used Z06, I'm going to wait it out a while and see what happens the next couple weeks.

Reaction score
We had gas here in MN last week for $1.59

I've got my eye on a used Z06, I'm going to wait it out a while and see what happens the next couple weeks.
That's something I wasn't looking at, but used corvettes will be plentiful too. I'm guessing that in three months from now people looking to buy and upgrade cars will have a field day

Reaction score
I could get a 2002 zo6 vett for 12k with only 60k miles. damn, I'd love me an older Vette cuz they still look great and are still really fast

Jgt58

Reaction score
I work for federated auto parts. Were def cutting back. Understandably. Shops just don't have any business right now....

Jgt58

Reaction score
I'm in outside sales and Ive been grounded from going into shops...

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Car market will be decimated over the next 18-24 months. Until a vaccine comes out, there is no end to this mess.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Hmm, just may have to look for a Radical. And a wrecked 'busa for power.

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
you guys and your less than $2 per gallon gas, shit, here in Sacramento regular unleaded is still $2.40 a gallon.

Reaction score
you guys and your less than $2 per gallon gas, shit, here in Sacramento regular unleaded is still $2.40 a gallon.
well that sucks, cant imagine normal gas prices there. I'd have a heart attack if I had to pay 40 dollars to fill my stang. Gas prices are definitely the first thing to drop in prices, I think cars are next (used then dealers) and finally, the parts will drop in prices.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back