When do you get your car back out?

Discussion in 'Mustang Chit Chat' started by N2STC, Mar 19, 2020.

1. N2STC

N2STC Junior Member

Just a conversation starter:
    Those of you who live in the frozen north - When do you get your (stored) car back out and where do you live?

I'm in upstate New York and itching to get it out. I'm thinking it's almost safe now.

Best,
    Stan

2. Racer47

Racer47 Doesn't have much to say S197 Team Member

I usually get it on the road in April here in Wisconsin. Sooner if the weather breaks, later if its still on jack stands because I'm working on it. But if the world goes all "Mad Max", I'll bring it out early. :)

banzai_bullitt and N2STC like this.
  3. tjm73

tjm73 of Omicron Persei 8 S197 Team Member

Too soon for Upstate NY. I'm near Rochester and my car won't see the outside of the garage until 2 or 3 heavy rains after the last road salting. Usually that's some time in April around me. Might be sooner as it'd been fairly mild this winter and they seem to have been more stingy with the salt this year when they did use it.

N2STC likes this.
  4. EBABlacknChrome

EBABlacknChrome forum member

I usual don't pull the cover until the last week in March or first week in April. I have been itching to get mine out lately as it's been pretty nice here in Southwest Michigan. But its stored in the back of a neighbor's garage this year so it's not as easy to just go get in it like all other years. Had stuff to build for the house and needed the extra space so off the car went to the neighbor's.

N2STC likes this.
  5. JJ427R

JJ427R forum member

MN it's getting close to that time, going to be in the 50's here next week, snow is almost all gone and I saw street sweepers out this week getting some of the sand off the streets. It's raining today washing some salt off the roads. I may dig one out late next week.

banzai_bullitt and N2STC like this.
  6. nawagner

nawagner forum member

When the threat of snow is mostly gone. Had a few heavy rains to wash away salt and sand. Most of all, when I just can't stand seeing it sit in the garage anymore!!

N2STC likes this.
  7. Midlife Crises

Midlife Crises Member

Sometime in May here in Fairbanks.

8. N2STC

N2STC Junior Member

Sounds like it's time!

9. ghunt81

ghunt81 New parts on old junk! S197 Team Member

I'm in WV, I took it out yesterday (mid 60's) to the car wash (and of course it immediately started raining). Was around 70 today but I was just hanging out at the house. Need to run to the store tomorrow so I will probably go out for a little drive before I do that.

banzai_bullitt likes this.
  10. RLF9409

RLF9409 My blood runs Ford blue!

I wait until the lows don't go below 40 degrees here in Germany. Strict laws with tires here...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

11. 86GT351

86GT351 forum member

I'm in South Florida and I am aggressively accumulating parts to put my 4 eye back on the road.

12. Dino Dino Bambino

Dino Dino Bambino I have a red car

I'm fortunate enough to live in a country (Cyprus) that has a mild winter climate so I can drive Scarlett year round. :D

banzai_bullitt and WNYGT5-0 like this.
  13. WNYGT5-0

WNYGT5-0 Member

One of the most beautiful places in the world! Rub it in...:guyflash:

14. MrAwesome987

MrAwesome987 forum member

Wow that sounds like a cool place to live. There can't be many Mustangs there! Are you originally from there?

15. Dino Dino Bambino

There are much more beautiful places in the world than Cyprus but right now, the island is green after an exceptionally wet winter and the spring flowers are already coming out.

My parents are originally from Cyprus but I was born and raised in the UK. I've been living here for the past three years. I used to live in the UAE and shipped the Mustang into Cyprus from there.
    I know of only four S197 Mustangs in Cyprus and four classic models in left hand drive. They did start selling the 2015+ model in right hand drive over here so there's a handful of those, but the only ones I've seen were all Ecoboosts.

16. MrAwesome987

MrAwesome987 forum member

That's very cool!

17. Dino Dino Bambino

Red is an uncommon color for cars in Cyprus, and a red Mustang with black racing stripes and chrome wheels really turns a lot of heads. :D

Kyle2115 likes this.
  18. eighty6gt

eighty6gt forum member

Usually after it rains to rinse all of the toxic rank salt off of the roads they spread for 8 months of the year. So in like 2 months. There's feet of snow and it's been a COLD spring here in CANADA.

Might never drive my car again - COVID is shutting the entire country down - lose job - go bankrupt - car seized by sheriff and auctioned off for $2500.. etc..

19. Iceman62

Iceman62 Bullitt 6005

Landed there, enroute to the desert f/ deployment, and I'm jealous...gorgeous isle!

For me, here in NE, my Bullitt stays sleeping until "April showers bring May flowers."

banzai_bullitt likes this.
  20. JeremyH

JeremyH 3V Fuel Guru S197 Team Member

Mine will be coming out in next week or so here in Virginia.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.