When to rebuild Paxton 2200SL

Discussion in '2011+ Mustang GT 5.0L Tech' started by Gruca, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Gruca

Gruca World's Slowest 3v Owner

How do you know when the head units need a rebuild? Mine runs, isn’t terribly noisy, but when datalogging, my load and Maf lbs keep decreasing over time. I have a 3.48 pulley on it currently and load peaks around 1.55. It used to peak around 2.10. I also used to peg the Maf sensor, and now I do not. I’m assuming it’s due to decreased air flow? My boost gauge still reads 13psi around 7,500. Not sure what else would cause the lack of airflow at the Maf.

2. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator S197 Team Member

dirty air filter?

Gruca likes this.
  3. Gruca

You know, I thought about that after posting. I did have a red reusable one on there when I datalogged. I recently put a paper version of it in. I’ll datalog it again and see what happens. Good call.

4. Coosawjack

Coosawjack forum member

Belt slipping!!

5. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator S197 Team Member

with his boost levels static?? not likely

6. 01yellerCobra

01yellerCobra forum member

How much has the weather changed?

7. Gruca

Well that was definitely it. The paper filter got my load and MAF flow rate back to what I would expect.

The weather was crappy both times I data logged. A little cooler the second day, but much more humid.