Which Mufflers

bushmasterbob

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a procharged 09 Gt and i want to put on a set of axlebacks. I was wondering what does which mufflers sound like. ie. Which mufflers sounds raspy, pop on decel, which have the deepest tone and so on. Thanks

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
Try searching different setups on YouTube. I honestly think the sound is all in the Midpipe...

+1. If it's too raspy you can always put resonators in to cancel out harshness. Like any of the slp loudmouth types (I have pypes pype bomb) could be a bit loud/raspy for those who eventually plan on going with long tubes and o/r x or H pipe.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a procharged 09 Gt and i want to put on a set of axlebacks. I was wondering what does which mufflers sound like. ie. Which mufflers sounds raspy, pop on decel, which have the deepest tone and so on. Thanks
Deep Muscle Car Sound the #16674 Magnapack 3" System.
Play my Video in Sig.

tigerhonaker

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
Macs sound good, they are super deep and loud but not obnoxiously loud.

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
i say look into corsa's.... also, keep your cats or if you get a o/r mid get it with cats.... you will have alot of rasp if you dont...

RedFire07GT

11sec N/A 3V
Reaction score
Haha yeah a o/r xpipe and long tubes with bassani chambered axlebacks here.... love the rasp and loudness at WOT!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I have stock mufflers and an o/r H and it sounds sick. I had Pypes violators but when I went o/r they were too much. Now it's just right.

Cheaper to buy an o/r H and keep the stockers than to buy axle backs and you gain more HP that way, too.

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
Haha yeah a o/r xpipe and long tubes with bassani chambered axlebacks here.... love the rasp and loudness at WOT!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
haha you like that rasp at wot redfire???? i had corsa extremes with a pypes o/r x cattless and i couldnt take the rasp.... had to add cats lol

stang72

Family of Stangs
Reaction score
I have stock mufflers and an o/r H and it sounds sick. I had Pypes violators but when I went o/r they were too much. Now it's just right.

Cheaper to buy an o/r H and keep the stockers than to buy axle backs and you gain more HP that way, too.

Know I'm confused or just getting old.Is sick a good thing or bad thing?

CMK720

forum member
Reaction score
I have moroso axel backs with everything else stock...sounds good. I'll try and get a vid for ya.

bushmasterbob

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Im in afghanistan at the moment so i cant get any streaming vids. But before I came here, from what I heard the JBA's sounded pretty good. Thanks again

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Im in afghanistan at the moment so i cant get any streaming vids. But before I came here, from what I heard the JBA's sounded pretty good. Thanks again

Be as Safe as possible !!!

Terry

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back