Will 16in Steelies fit?

OutlawEvans

forum member
Reaction score
Hello, I’m building my mustang for Rallycross and I’m curious if anyone know if 16in wheels will clear the front calipers? The wheels are 16x6.5 5x114.3 +40 71.5 center bore.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MA3OFTN/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A2RCRYNMKIZ2T9&psc=1

If not, does anyone know how I can convert the front brakes to a smaller package?
Thank you!

Also if anyone is wondering why, the largest rally gravel tires are made in 16s and the only all terrain tires that won’t rub come in 16s

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
To run a 16" wheel you'll need to run the V6 front rotors. May need the V6 caliper bracket also.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
To run a 16" wheel you'll need to run the V6 front rotors. May need the V6 caliper bracket also.

I'm not so sure. Can you buy one and test fit without the tire, then return if it doesn't or buy three more?

The V6 brakes are about 1" smaller in diameter, but the shape of the barrel of the steel wheel is the deciding factor. And steel wheels are thinner than aluminum wheels. They might fit. for $63 bucks it's worth a shot.

Last edited:

OutlawEvans

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure. Can you buy one and test fit without the tire, then return if it doesn't or buy three more?

The V6 brakes are about 1" smaller in diameter, but the shape of the barrel of the steel wheel is the deciding factor. And steel wheels are thinner than aluminum wheels. They might fit. for $63 bucks it's worth a shot.

That’s a good plan. I’ll double check the return policy to try a test fit. If not I’ll go the v6 brakes right.
Just so I’m prepared, would all I need is the v6 caliper, pads, and the mounting bracket and it should all bolt up to the hub? I think I’ll just buy it all from rock auto

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back