Wot box the 5.0

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Does any body have any kind of schematic or instructions t install the WOT BOX in the 2011 5.0??

I see that Evolution Performance has one on their 8 second car.

I called N2MB to ask for instructions and they said they dont have yet but it is possible to install one int the 5.0. That we just have to look for the Cam,Crank and ignition wires to splice in then the rest is the same.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Get a 5.0 wiring diagram and find the wires you need. Or ask evo how they did it...

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Get a 5.0 wiring diagram and find the wires you need. Or ask evo how they did it...

that is my plan, but i was curious if some body had something like that. Is not hard to do the job but i dont know if the Crankshaft position sensor wire or the cams wires that connect to the PCM change location which i think so.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
I really dont need the no lift feature but getting ready at the light without having to worry about rpm launch and getting better 60 ft will be sweet...

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah i wouldnt risk it I would wait to get the diagram to verify the pin location/wire color. I tried googling to find anything for the 2011 but no luck so far.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah i wouldnt risk it I would wait to get the diagram to verify the pin location/wire color. I tried googling to find anything for the 2011 but no luck so far.

the two red that goes to the ignition are cake but those two that goes to the pcm are the ones to look for. It has to be easy as hell but i dont have info on the 5.0 to verify. It might be like the instructions for the GT500, it is a DOHC we just need location for the pins. If no body does it until i get back from my deployment then i will do it with details and pics.

Ground
Crank Position Sensor wire
Cam Wire

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeap, i was just looking over the instructions for install on my my 07, not too bad, but def wanna make sure those other connections are on the right pins.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sweet, I will be installing in the next few days. I dont have a laptop so gonna have to try to adjust the settings right off the box. It comes defualt to auto for no-lift shift from what i read which is fine I will leave it there but I will probably want to plat around with the 2-step rpm.

Maybe the 2011 is sim to the 2010?

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Sweet, I will be installing in the next few days. I dont have a laptop so gonna have to try to adjust the settings right off the box. It comes defualt to auto for no-lift shift from what i read which is fine I will leave it there but I will probably want to plat around with the 2-step rpm.

when i called them and ask about it they told me the software and the program is the same.

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
You can purchase a cable from n2mb that you can use to power the box in your house so you can program it on your desktop.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
when i called them and ask about it they told me the software and the program is the same.
Everything is the same as far as the wotbox program (do this when they press this and do that when they press that etc..) just the pinouts are going to be different for the new engine, new ecu new pins, they should get the instructions soon hopefully.

09 Ricky

forum member
Reaction score
Not to sound like a jackass......but what is the purpose for a wotbox? I have searched a few times on here and the only thing I can come up with is it designed for people that cant shift or drive there cars? Sorry if it offends someone which I sure it will lol. I have never had a problem ever shifting like a mad man, hell my old lady even power shifts and that is scary as hell lol, but do people really shift that bad to need one?????

Last edited:

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Not to sound like a jackass......but what is the purpose for a wotbox? I have searched a few times on here and the only thing I can come up with is it designed for people that cant shift or drive there cars? Sorry if it offends someone which I sure it will lol. I have never had a problem ever shifting like a mad man, hell my old lady even power shifts and that is scary as hell lol, but do people really shift that bad to need one?????

Well, no offense taken. I can prove i can power shift my car, just look at my videos. The WOT BOX is cool man. I didn't used the no lift feature too much when i installed on my 2009 because it kind of confused me, i used the WOT more for the launch feature... Way more easy to just go to the light and push the clutch down and rev the engine then boom!!!!

Just look at the Evo 8 second car with a lot of power to worry about the WOT BOX comes handy...

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Its also perfect for turbo cars, maintains full boost during shifts by just cuttting timing and teh 2-step feature lets you build boost at the line.

Sure i have powershifted n/a, but with 600hp and stock trans, theres no way in hell im going to try and powershift that!

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score

No offense at all I can drive my car perfectly fine. The wotbox actually spares your tranny the pain of directly power shifting by cutting the power for a split sec so there is no torque in the tranny while you shift.

I know how to power shift but I would much rather extend the life of my tranny by having a wotbox cut my power for me.
Now if it was my track only car I would be powershifting my brains out and care much less if I can drive it home that night.

and it also doubles as a two step/nitrous window switch.
Technology is a beautiful thing, embrace it. :highfive:

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score
No offense at all I can drive my car perfectly fine. The wotbox actually spares your tranny the pain of directly power shifting by cutting the power for a split sec so there is no torque in the tranny while you shift.

I know how to power shift but I would much rather extend the life of my tranny by having a wotbox cut my power for me.
Now if it was my track only car I would be powershifting my brains out and care much less if I can drive it home that night.

This.

09 Ricky

forum member
Reaction score

Yea seems like a cool set up, Im really use to my fox body, banging second gear with the tires still in the air some times, I can't afford that split second in the shifts or the front end would be damaged every launch from slamming back down. Now on the other hand my 09 is a turd......I have plenty of time to think about shifts lol. But having a 2 step is the shit....if it acts like one on the drive by wire that in it self would be worth it :highfive:

onebadgsx

Reaction score
Did anyone figure out the wiring on the 2011's. Anybody having any problems with them. I heard you need an updated software or something

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back