Wot box the 5.0

onebadgsx

Reaction score
is anyone running this on the 2011 and up cars. mine just came in but now all im reading is problems with cel on the 2011-12. need info please

01bluesnake

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Going to try and get the WOT box installed this week before work and see how it goes. Hopefully wont have any misfire issues.

onebadgsx

Reaction score
Well finished install on mine thia afternoon. I got a new tune drom my tuner with job1 misfire codes and was told not to use no lift shift feature, as it is prone to cause a cel

mbreinin

Reaction score
If you are using an SCT tuner, you can use the neutral rev limiter that is built in as a 2 step type device. It uses a fuel cut, so it is a bit more violent, but it does work better than holding the throttle manually. I set mine for between 4500-5000 rpm and it works well enough. I will track test it this weekend.

Mike

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score
If you are using an SCT tuner, you can use the neutral rev limiter that is built in as a 2 step type device. It uses a fuel cut, so it is a bit more violent, but it does work better than holding the throttle manually. I set mine for between 4500-5000 rpm and it works well enough. I will track test it this weekend.

Mike

That doesn't help if you have an auto.

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
True, but why do you need this on an auto?

I tried one, using the brake light switch to trigger it, was nice to have a 2 step on the starting line. Trouble was when this thing was wired into the car it wouldn't turn more than 7300 RPMs, so off it came.

onebadgsx

Reaction score
ran at the track yesterday, no codes car ran fine, wotbox 2 step worked as described. but now my car wont rev pass 7200 rpm.

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score
What does it do on the 1-2 shift?

It felt like someone knocked the shifter into N. But it only happened on drag tires on a sticky track. There is tire spin on the street on the 1-2. I am attributing that to a bad solenoid. I replaced them per TSB 11-11-11.

Hopefully that will solve my pressure problem.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back