WTF was I thinking?!?!?!?

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
WTF was I thinking?!?!?!? (PICS!!!)

Well after bombarding the forum with many questions preparing for my Kooks Long tube header install, the day finally arrived:thumb2:. I got off work early today and began my quest about 2pm. I already had the car up in the air on 4 jack stands and my game face was on. I've replayed this task multiple times in my mind on how I would attack this venture, dominate, and walk away unscathed with the evidence of one mean sounding Mustang.:onfire:

After 5 hours of hell, dehydration from the heat, twisted and contorted in ways my body hasn't EVER been through, and only the driver's side complete, I can honestly say...........WTF WAS I THINKING?!?!?!?!?:wtf::dunce::screw:

I still have to wake up in the morning and crawl my skinned up ass back under the car to finish up the passenger side. What was once hands of magic that had all layers of skin intact I now have these to show::whistling:

Mangled+hand2.jpg

(google pic, this is not really my hand, but they DO feel like this....LOL!)

:kill::buttkick::thud:

I'm going to bed. I'm BEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dead2:

Last edited:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
\

Two other words came to my mind:

PAY SOMEONE!

Exactly! I think I'll stick to just washing the freakin car.

What dumbass at Ford came up with the studs that holds the exhaust manifold to the head that heat cycles a bazillion degrees a bazillion times in the life of the car with a 3/16th head to remove it with??? WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:sigh1::stooges::rant:

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
a lift can come in pretty handy if you have access to one. even using one of those, it still took me and Brn N Rubr ~4 hrs to do his longtubes.

big-j

Reaction score
yes beer does wonders i cant wait to do long tubes the only thing ill take my car in for is gears alignment and tires

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
You didn't have your buddies over helping you? Dude....what were you thinking? Lol

Took me with buddies all weekend, but it was worth it.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Huh, I've done the install twice and it wasnt all that bad.....just takes some patience and a extra hand. Goodluck finishing up tomorrow.

mmiller40

Reaction score
I thought you got you hand caught in a boat prop... that is fucking gross. If tits are banned in the general forums that nasty shit should be too..

I Hope you not near as fucked up as that

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Headed back out in the shop for ROUND 2!! Ding! Ding!:nk:

Doing the complete removal and install by myself! I'd rather it that way as I take my time and mark and study stuff so it will go back just perfect. So far I'm very pleased with the looks and the way it has bolted and aligned up. The Percy Seal- 4- Good exhaust gaskets appear to be top-shelf!!! I put a bead of Hi-Temp Copper RTV around each exhaust port and bolt hole on the gasket itself between the header and gasket for sealing assurance.:thumb2:

I hope the passenger side is easier than the drivers side was, if not, I'll need a blood transfusion for lunch!!!! LOL!!

If tits are banned in the general forums that nasty shit should be too..
Don't be such a puss!:stooges: :thanks:kidding:

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I drop the k-member when I do headers and rubbers work wonders preventing herpies, when venturing into uncharted territory.

:beer:

usafimj

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I laughed pretty hard. The driver side is harder than the passenger side. More room on the passenger side IMO.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Got it all buttoned up and boy does it sound wicked mean!!! My neighbors are gonna LOVE this at 5:30am. LOL!!:wt:

Passenger's side is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier.:clap: The top Starter bolt can be a bear to get too but NOTHING like the drivers side bottom header bolts.......:mad2:

Pics of the Kooks LTH with O/R H-Pipe:

Passenger side from top::naughty1:
kooks1.jpg

Drivers side from top::highfive:
kooks2.jpg

Shot from the side for midpipe flushness::boobies:
kooks3.jpg

Passenger's side from below::snoopy
kooks4.jpg

Driver's side from below::onfire:
kooks6.jpg

O/R H-pipe looking rearward::pompoms:
kooks7.jpg

All in all, not too bad for a DIY project. The Percy Seal 4 Good gaskets with the Hi-Temp Copper RTV sealed the exhaust right up. No leaks!!!:evillaugh:

Thanks to all that contributed to my previous threads and answered all my dumb questions. I REALLY couldn't have done it without the suggestions. :beer:

Thanks to Ken(kahmann) for the 02 extension and Luillo(Luis) for the awesome deal on the Jet Hot coated headers and hardware!!!111111

Last edited:

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Your neighbors will soon hate you that's for sure.

Starter bolt sucked, 13mm flex head ratcheting wrench is a must too.

Last edited:

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So it sounds good?????

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back