Your latest artsy pics

Discussion in 'All Non-S197 Media' started by Gabe, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

Post up the latest non-auto or just plain fancy artsy-fartsy picture(s) you may have taken.
    I take shots of all kinds of things, not just the Mustangs, and like to share, as some of you know.

I snapped these 2 pics this morning, behind the house. We had freezing rain all day yesterday, everything's a sheet of ice around here this morning:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CammedS197

CammedS197 forum member

Wow those are really nice Gabe! Do you do photo editing? I want to edit but was curious if there's any good free photo editing things out there? I have a nice gaming laptop that I do CAD for fun on. I'm going to at some point get photoshop. It will mostly be for my wife. I got her the Rebel T6 package for a steal for her birthday last year. Been taking pictures of the house in stages as it's getting built.

3. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

I do some editing, yeah, I touch up sharpness/noise, brightness/contrast, things like that, and then final cropping. I usually use Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 which is pretty old at this point, but still does most of what I need/want.
    I also have Photoshop CC, the new cloud-based Photoshop which requires a monthly subscription, but because of the subscription I only had it for a short time.
    For camera, I use a point-and-shoot camera for now, until I can afford to go for a "nice" camera.
    Funny you mention house pictures, I have a full renovation thread on here about my house: http://www.s197forum.com/threads/new-house-new-renovation-project.118992/ (if you're interested in that kinda thing, haha)

4. CammedS197

CammedS197 forum member

Haha I actually followed this awhile ago. Really great work on the house.

Okay thanks. I want to take more pictures of some somewhat nicer places where I live. But the wife and I like to go places take pictures but normally on crap phone camera. She does a little editing but nothing crazy. Just the little things on the phone lol. But I wanted to learn some of the ropes and practice on my car with some pictures. Maybe shoot some of the wife and car.

5. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

A few more pictures I've taken over the last couple of years:

[​IMG]

My wife and I were out hiking and I notice this floating leaf as we were walking by:

[​IMG]

A backyard toad:

[​IMG]

A winter-time reflection taken on the way to Vermont about 3 years ago:

[​IMG]

Zakim Bridge in Boston. Pic taken in heavy traffic:

[​IMG]

A little critter on a high-rise building window, about 20+ floors up:

[​IMG]

Daniel Roberson likes this.
  6. CammedS197

CammedS197 forum member

Wow those are really nice! I really like the picture of the flower and the one of the lake! Those really jump at me. So crisp and clear. I do not want to be that grasshopper lol.

Gabe likes this.
  7. CammedS197

CammedS197 forum member

Not very familiar with cameras so here is a dumb question. What is a point and shoot camera lol? Cause all those pictures are stunning even with your I guess not nice camera lol. What camera are you looking to get when you get a "nice" one?

8. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator S197 Team Member

\/ great shot Gabe

[​IMG]

JJDAG, Gabe and CammedS197 like this.
  9. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

Thanks dude.

I'm using a small Canon camera, the SX700HS, for a lot of the nicer pics I take:

[​IMG]

I'd like a digital SLR with removable zoom lenses, something in the $500-$1,000 range, but that's not in the budget right now.
    I've taken a bunch of pics with my phone, a Motorola Droid Turbo, and some of them come out pretty damn nice.
    The grasshoper pic above was taken with my phone, and so was the Zakim bridge pic and the pic of the toad.
    Also took the pics below this morning with my phone, and as usual I edited them using the software I mentioned above.

We've had a lot of freezing rain lately, the firewood pile out back looked especially prime for some pics this morning:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

redfirepearlgt likes this.
  10. CammedS197

CammedS197 forum member

Wow those are all just stunning. Really great pictures! You definitely have a great skill! I like seeing all of these. I'm going to look at the editor you mentioned ad try it on some pictures.

11. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

Thank you!

Went back through some of my pics and found this one that I took August '17 when my wife and I were in North Carolina, this was during a trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway, we pulled over for some reason and I noticed this little guy:

[​IMG]

12. redfirepearlgt

redfirepearlgt forum member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The first photo is a night shot on 12 second exposure setting.
    The second and third simple photo shots.
    Minor cropping and straightening on the third, no editing on the other two.

CammedS197 and Gabe like this.
  13. Coosawjack

Coosawjack forum member

PA130004.jpg
    Snowy Sheldon Church.JPG

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  14. redfirepearlgt

redfirepearlgt forum member

great eye Gabe. You definitely have the knack to see beyond the shot.

15. oldVOR

oldVOR forum member

[​IMG]
    November sunset - Taken during a three day hike along the Appalachian Trail in southwestern VA

16. oldVOR

oldVOR forum member

[​IMG]
    Hood of the Mustang as a light dew was just freezing

17. EBABlacknChrome

EBABlacknChrome forum member

That's sweet. In all the frost I have seen over the years, I have never seen it quite do that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

18. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

Some really nice photos popping in, thanks guys for posting them!
    Keep them coming!

Thanks dude!

19. EBABlacknChrome

wife took on our honey moon in Jamaica DSC_0333.JPG vaction to ark 048.jpg A dam in Arkansas DSCN0846.JPG The aqurium in Chattanooga TN

Gabe and CammedS197 like this.
  20. EBABlacknChrome

20150929_194547.jpg 20150929_194541.jpg
    Shot both of these at a job site of mine within 5 minute of each other. Lake Michigan in Aug. Did it with my phone and no filters or editing.

Gabe and CammedS197 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.