ZL1 Addons Jackpad warning!

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
So the car got hurt and that failure could've resulted in injury.

I would've come un f'n glued once the shock passed.

That sucks!

DOFORLIFE

forum member
Reaction score
Im glad your safe man. Sorry about your car. Im lowered 1.3F/2R and i use a normal size jack and just drive up onto 3/4in mdf to get it to were i can jack it up. Sometimes i use the jack in the trunk to get it up enough to get the jack under the k member and lift the whole front at once.

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
I don't even think there's a way I can use this as an excuse to upgrade anything on the car, lol.

Sure there is......Airlift!

Tell her you need it so you don't have to use those weird jacks anymore. That way you can just lift the car on air and get a normal jack anywhere you need it.

Where there is a will there is a way :thumb2:

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
This is the best tool investment I've ever made. Car is in the air in minutes.

http://www.bendpak.com/Shop-Equipment/QuickJack/BL-5000.aspx

forum member
Reaction score

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
Can you post a picture from the bottom of your car when it is on this lift? I saw those when they came out and didn't order one because they only had the 3500lb model available and there was some sort of delay in shipment. What do you think of it?

I can all routine maintenance I require with the BL5000. The car can be raised high enough to do header installs and clutch / transmission removal as well. In fact, I find myself using the BL5000 for transmission removal and clutch work over the 2 post lift.

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
For a little more one could could buy a 2 post lift.

Yes you can but the 2 post is permanent and in your way while not in use. Most won't or don't have the room in a residential garage for a 2 post lift.

The BL5000 is more versatile for a home mechanic. It stores out of the way and is great in pits at the track! I'll also say the BL5000 is easier for transmission/clutch work than using a 2 post.

I have access to both.... So just my opinion of pros / cons.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Dang man, this sucks. Sorry this happened, but like you said, at least you weren't underneath it when it happened.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I just installed BMR Subframe Connectors and they work great for jacking the car or as position for axle stands.

Do you even DRIVE this car????? Way too clean underneath!!!
icon10.gif

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Assuming one has the room for a dedicated two post setup.

They make portable 2 post lifts.

Yes you can but the 2 post is permanent and in your way while not in use. Most won't or don't have the room in a residential garage for a 2 post lift.

The BL5000 is more versatile for a home mechanic. It stores out of the way and is great in pits at the track! I'll also say the BL5000 is easier for transmission/clutch work than using a 2 post.

I have access to both.... So just my opinion of pros / cons.

I disagree with the clutch/trans work. I have done it both on the ground and on a lift and if you have a trans jack for the lift it makes that job 10x easier.

The track option is a good idea for the BL5000 so a +1 on that.

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Danmar MaxJax FTW. Had a full size 2 post lift at my last house. Was great but new house doesn't have the garage height for it.

The BL5000 looks like it would be a pain for me because of having to remove the torque tube/transaxle on the vette. Have to get to the middle of the car a lot.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
I know the manufacturer of those 'pads' will claim user error but that looks to me like a flat out manufacturing or material defect. I would be emailing and calling them to ask them what are they going to do about fixing your car and are they even going to make an attempt to make it right before you threaten to sue them. That is bullshit. Those should have been recalled.

Last edited:

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Ouch. This thread is painful.

When my car was static, I drove onto 2x10 boards in order to slide a jack under the car and go straight to the subframe. I've seen people damage the underbody by placing the jack other places.

I suspect that a partial cause of the OP's failure was a jack which may not roll very well. When that happens (even something as simple as one of the wheels getting caught on a crack in the driveway) the pad tries to pull away from the car as the jack goes up.

POCOPOWER

forum member
Reaction score
Sucks that it happen. But why anyone would use one is my question. If you think about it,with the jack almost at full extension you are trying to pick up over 2000 pounds of car with a plastic part that is split to begin with and only about a 1" wide. The force on the split part at that angle is to much and that is why it split. You are not the first one with this issue i will say that. As some have said ,just cause someone sells it don't mean it is a good ideal. For low cars we have 2x8 boards that are tapered and about a foot long stacked. Those work fine for driving on. If the car is backed in like yours is,a cheap set of go jacks works good. We use them to lift the car so you can get a jack under it also.

If you watch the video,it says they had issues and thats why they changed them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtJ6i4iVW2U

Last edited:

b00stedgt

Reaction score
I had something similar happen to me. After I finished installing the supercharger, I was jacking the front end up on the k member and opposing angle of the jack and car actually made it slip off. Unfortunately, it came crashing down on my oil pan causing a huge dent. I felt like I could have thrown up on the spot. End result was the purchase of a 2 post chassis lift.
Stay safe out there brother!

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
I just watched his video. He flat out says he had almost the exact same issues with the same one the OP did.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back