04 cobra motor swap.Anyone done it?

kyoshosp2

forum member
Reaction score
same as putting gt500 motor in except 150lbs less and 10k less. just this dam auto is making it difficult...

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you are talking about putting it in a late model and plan to drive it on the street "legally", remember the motor has to meet emission standards for that year car

kyoshosp2

forum member
Reaction score
WTF emission's? why would i be worried about that. and yes it's going in an 06 gt. emissions is out the window here with most mods lol and an offraod pipe kills that lol. no po po here cares about emissions so im good.

Nickoli

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting a set of good ported 4v heads and turbo cams to replace my stock 3v's. In my case i'm running a 4r70w with a bowman controler and the short block in my car was origionaly built to go in a 4v mach 1 so the pistens i am running have been notched for a 4v head with a more agressive cam. I don't think the automatic will give you much trouble if you run the stock ecu and just turn off the vct.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
WTF emission's? why would i be worried about that. and yes it's going in an 06 gt. emissions is out the window here with most mods lol and an offraod pipe kills that lol. no po po here cares about emissions so im good.

THen you live where I WANT to live..........lmao

paydirt

Roll Racer
Reaction score
Should fit just fine. I'm running a 03/04 cobra block in mine as are many other guys with S197's with built motors. Just need the right motor mounts. You got alot of work to do though im sure as far as getting the harness to work and all the little things that come along with putting something somewhere where its not suppose to be. I just dont think it would be worth it. but to each his own.

kyoshosp2

forum member
Reaction score
also i can use the 3v harness. cause i dont need the boost bypass on the cobra motor or egr, or boost sensor,and can use the cam sensors,maybe chage some plugs around.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back