11 Second NA S197's

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Art has very solid points. Without a tire or a gear your not going anywhere, the 127500 are pretty wild cams and need the rpm

moving to 4.30s from 4.10s made a big difference for me, and I'm curious about how it would feel with the 4.56s...

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep, 5sp. The 4.10s were a GREAT street gear, but the 4.30s really helped out at the track. I have those 127500 cams too, which require limiters (which I have) or lockouts. I had 127300 cams for a while with those 4.10s, which made for that great street combo. Just enough low end torque, and still made power at high rpm. But the 127500 cam is really what's needed at the track. With 4.30 gears, that cam is still streetable although it's starting to get quirky at low rpm around town driving. But it really flies at the track, and I know I'm an easy 11 seconds once I get some cool fall air around here...

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep, 5sp. The 4.10s were a GREAT street gear, but the 4.30s really helped out at the track. I have those 127500 cams too, which require limiters (which I have) or lockouts. I had 127300 cams for a while with those 4.10s, which made for that great street combo. Just enough low end torque, and still made power at high rpm. But the 127500 cam is really what's needed at the track. With 4.30 gears, that cam is still streetable although it's starting to get quirky at low rpm around town driving. But it really flies at the track, and I know I'm an easy 11 seconds once I get some cool fall air around here...

28" tire with a 4.56 gear I feel is the ultimate combo for the all motor set up. When I ran the 4.56 and 27" et streets I just broke into the 11's and was spinning bad even launching at 5400 rpms and still hitting the 12.0's. Best thing I ever did was buy the 28" 10.5" My car leaves perfect every time now, it might spin one rotating but then still grab like a baer. I run 11's every pass now :thumb: Those were the best invesment I did on this hole set up

Art you running a 28" now to?

Last edited:

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score

so for being street friendly would 4.10's be ok or are 4.30's pretty much a must have?

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
so for being street friendly would 4.10's be ok or are 4.30's pretty much a must have?

Last year when I ran the 26" tire with the 4.30's It worked great street and strip. Realistcly 4.10s are a great street gear for your combo / with the spray. But I couldn't help to think that you will upgrade them anyway a few months later, save the trouble and go straight to 4.30's and you will have a nasty na car. Im sure everyone na will vouch for that lol

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
Last year when I ran the 26" tire with the 4.30's It worked great street and strip. Realistcly 4.10s are a great street gear for your combo / with the spray. But I couldn't help to think that you will upgrade them anyway a few months later, save the trouble and go straight to 4.30's and you will have a nasty na car. Im sure everyone na will vouch for that lol

ok, but this is my daily driver lol. i def want the nasty n/a style yet when i really want a tad more power hit a few buttons for the squeeze :evillaugh:.

so would the cam and 4.10's be streetable still? to be honest the lower the gear ratio i can run the happier i'll be as it will be more street friendly....although now i'm really happy i dont have an automatic, like my old car.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Other than the in town slow speed stuff in 1st gear, the 4.30s are just fine. Frankly I'm sorry I stuck with 4.10s for 3 years.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
Other than the in town slow speed stuff in 1st gear, the 4.30s are just fine. Frankly I'm sorry I stuck with 4.10s for 3 years.

ok cool, i got worried there for a minute lol...i should probably do a tad more research next time i decide to go on a huger shopping spree lol.

anyways my stuff coming from late model restoration is going to be a few days as i guess some stuff is out of stock, so i send them a message about adding the 4.30's gear kit.

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I drove 1000+ miles, one way, w/ 4.56's (25-28mpg) last November.

Yes, I do have a TR6060, but... it wasnt bad at all... purdy damn fun actually :naughty1:

At least 4.10's...

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
it's funny as comp cams says you need 3.90's i think from waht you guys are saying they should say 4.10's lol. anyways you can add 4.30's gear kit from late model restoration to the list of goodies i ordered

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We have enough of us Na guys you can get opinions from and if you look at all the set up's you will see what works. 11.7-12.4's we pretty have much tried every part in the book for the best set up

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
We have enough of us Na guys you can get opinions from and if you look at all the set up's you will see what works. 11.7-12.4's we pretty have much tried every part in the book for the best set up
yup seems that way. it's def nice to be able to find someone who has experienced a set up similar to want you want to run so you get what you're looking for.

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
28" tire with a 4.56 gear I feel is the ultimate combo for the all motor set up. When I ran the 4.56 and 27" et streets I just broke into the 11's and was spinning bad even launching at 5400 rpms and still hitting the 12.0's. Best thing I ever did was buy the 28" 10.5" My car leaves perfect every time now, it might spin one rotating but then still grab like a baer. I run 11's every pass now :thumb: Those were the best invesment I did on this hole set up

Art you running a 28" now to?

Matt, the 28's will work great till you step up with the cams...Ran 28's for a long time, dead hooked and pulled some killer 60's...But when you do the cam change you'll see. I'm running 11.8's at will now with the 27's. Even the 26's were good, but the radial M/T street was unpredictable.
Great launch pic!

Yeah....If you feel like pissing money away...Go with your ideas...LOL

yup seems that way. it's def nice to be able to find someone who has experienced a set up similar to want you want to run so you get what you're looking for.

We really have tried alot of stuff...

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Put one more turn on the right rear heim joint Matt (pre load).
Nice pic.

I thought it was the angle of the pic, but your right. Need a bit more tweaking. I have the new updated UPR Heavy duty control arms coming, alot bigger then what I have now aswell. :evillaugh:

I need moar sixty foot

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back