11 Second NA S197's

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
450 hp NA sound's possible, and we have talked about it over and over again. Could it happen ? Yes. Are we going to sit here and tell you a cookie cutter combo to get there? Not really.

There is a NA 5.4 on the board that ran the 10.90 trhough the auto... since his stall is massive it lost alot on dyno. I think hes car with a stick would show 450 ish on the dyno.

To get to 450hp na would not be very street able on a 4.6, I don't care how you slice it.

i don't expect a cookie cutter forum for power there never really is one as far as i see it power is made very differently amoung each person with the same car, some people like pd blowers, turbos, centri blowers ect.

i'm just kinda lost in what direction i want to take my car. i have my goal in mind and am just looking at each way i could do it and for how much and what reliability i will have with said mods.

right now i for sure want: c&l intake, stage 2 cams, valve springs, retainers, phaser mod, jlt cai, u/d pulleys, and maybe a nitrous express plate system. i've also looked a every single blower cost vs power vs reliability.

yeah i've heard its hard to make good n/a power yet keep the street friendlyness of a stock car.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i don't expect a cookie cutter forum for power there never really is one as far as i see it power is made very differently amoung each person with the same car, some people like pd blowers, turbos, centri blowers ect.

i'm just kinda lost in what direction i want to take my car. i have my goal in mind and am just looking at each way i could do it and for how much and what reliability i will have with said mods.

right now i for sure want: c&l intake, stage 2 cams, valve springs, retainers, phaser mod, jlt cai, u/d pulleys, and maybe a nitrous express plate system. i've also looked a every single blower cost vs power vs reliability.

yeah i've heard its hard to make good n/a power yet keep the street friendlyness of a stock car.

Well... what is your goal?

You going for 1/4 times? hp number? Dailey driver? weekend warrior?

I can tell you having a decently fast NA car is a blast, but if you want 450-500 wrhp then it's going to be tough all motor.

If you stay NA then a 4.10 gear at least is required, 4.30 would be perfect lol 4.56 if you are crazy and just want 11's like the rest of us :beer:

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
Well... what is your goal?

You going for 1/4 times? hp number? Dailey driver? weekend warrior?

I can tell you having a decently fast NA car is a blast, but if you want 450-500 wrhp then it's going to be tough all motor.

If you stay NA then a 4.10 gear at least is required, 4.30 would be perfect lol 4.56 if you are crazy and just want 11's like the rest of us :beer:

my goal is to have a fun street toy, yet be able to take it to the track during the week and pull some half way decent times. i have 3.55's and i really wouldn't want to go with anything steeper.

forgot a big goal: to eat the 2010 maros alive.

Last edited:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
my goal is to have a fun street toy, yet be able to take it to the track during the week and pull some half way decent times. i have 3.55's and i really wouldn't want to go with anything steeper.

forgot a big goal: to eat the 2010 maros alive.

Then a nice blower kit is in your future lol

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
i just ordered my parts i want, i decided not to get a blower and went with

comp cams stage 2 xfi spr, springs phasers, retainers, cl manifold, bbk 62mm tb, ud pulleys, jlt cai + tuner, a hidden nitrous switch panel that goes in the center console, and will be as soon as my paycheck clears getting a nitrous express plate kit, got it all for a whole lot less then what a blower would cost and will be able to make some very decent numbers, times and fun.

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
i just ordered my parts i want, i decided not to get a blower and went with

comp cams stage 2 xfi spr, springs phasers, retainers, cl manifold, bbk 62mm tb, ud pulleys, jlt cai + tuner, a hidden nitrous switch panel that goes in the center console, and will be as soon as my paycheck clears getting a nitrous express plate kit, got it all for a whole lot less then what a blower would cost and will be able to make some very decent numbers, times and fun.

If the cams you ordered are the 127300's you'll be fine with the stock phasers. Dont lock or limit those cams....No need to. The 3.55's may be OK but I highly recommend at least 4.10's with those cams.
Cancel the throttle body! If you HAVE to have a throttle body the Ford racing TB is better. But I really don't see you needing either for what you have in mind. Use that money for drag radials or suspension.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
If the cams you ordered are the 127300's you'll be fine with the stock phasers. Dont lock or limit those cams....No need to. The 3.55's may be OK but I highly recommend at least 4.10's with those cams.
Cancel the throttle body! If you HAVE to have a throttle body the Ford racing TB is better. But I really don't see you needing either for what you have in mind. Use that money for drag radials or suspension.

the cams are the xfi spr not the xfi vsr, they specifically say they require the cam phasers, or else i wouldn't have bought them.

i only paid like 200 bucks for the throttle body if it sucks i'll ditch it and spend the 600 on the frpp.

i honestly dont understand why they say you need gears for cams though? i have an manual if that makes a difference

these are the cams : #127500
http://www.compperformancegroupstor...oduct_Code=127500&Category_Code=FRD3VCKXFISPR

once i install everything and get it tuned at st motorsports(adam) i'll get suspension which right now i've been eye ballin the roush system that has all four corners covered as well as sway bars. and some lca. after that i'll be doing rims and tires.

i would get drag radials or slicks but i have no place to store them

Last edited:

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
What cams are they? The stage reference changes all the time....Do you have a link?
Cams change what rpm your power comes in...It's important when considering gear and tire size...The BBK TB really isn't worth the trouble. You want streetability with no troubles, right?

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
What cams are they? The stage reference changes all the time....Do you have a link?
Cams change what rpm your power comes in...It's important when considering gear and tire size...The BBK TB really isn't worth the trouble. You want streetability with no troubles, right?

the link is posted above :)

as for the bbk are they as shity as they where for the 2v motors?

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
the cams are the xfi spr not the xfi vsr, they specifically say they require the cam phasers, or else i wouldn't have bought them.

i only paid like 200 bucks for the throttle body if it sucks i'll ditch it and spend the 600 on the frpp.

i honestly dont understand why they say you need gears for cams though? i have an manual if that makes a difference

these are the cams : #127500
http://www.compperformancegroupstor...oduct_Code=127500&Category_Code=FRD3VCKXFISPR

once i install everything and get it tuned at st motorsports(adam) i'll get suspension which right now i've been eye ballin the roush system that has all four corners covered as well as sway bars. and some lca. after that i'll be doing rims and tires.

i would get drag radials or slicks but i have no place to store them

OK...got me on the edit. The 127500's are a good cam, but you will want gear with that cam. 4.10's may cut it but 4.30's will be better. 4.56 with a 26 to 27 tire would be even better. Your moving your power up to the 6800 rpm range. If you don't gear for it you will dog out till you hit the powerband.

Please save your money on the TB...

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
OK...got me on the edit. The 127500's are a good cam, but you will want gear with that cam. 4.10's may cut it but 4.30's will be better. 4.56 with a 26 to 27 tire would be even better. Your moving your power up to the 6800 rpm range. If you don't gear for it you will dog out till you hit the powerband.

will nitrous make up for it as thats what i plan on doing.

i guess i could get steeper gears, not necessarily something i really want to do but.....if push comes to shove i always could.

Last edited:

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
Nitrous will make up for some of it...But..Your car will be a dog with out it. How many bottles do you want to fill? If you don't use a sticky tire nothing you do will help you.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
Nitrous will make up for some of it...But..Your car will be a dog with out it. How many bottles do you want to fill? If you don't use a sticky tire nothing you do will help you.

das is true. well i guess i'll get some gears while im at it. i do want a six speed so 410 wouldn't be killer with that. i mean with 3.55 im only doing 2k rpms at 65mph.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Art has very solid points. Without a tire or a gear your not going anywhere, the 127500 are pretty wild cams and need the rpm

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
well i guess instead of getting the remote bottle opener i'll buy some frpp gears, question is what gears lol.

also with getting new retainers springs and cam what not, couldn't i increase the rpm limiter but a bit. i believe the stock 2010's limit at 6500 rpms

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back