18x11's with 295/35/18 Rivals...look inside for details

Apex50

forum member
Reaction score
csamsh,
Do you think it would be an injustice to run this size on a 10" wheel?
They are listed as 10-11.5".

I'm running 295/35R18 G Force Rivals on 18"x10" wide D Forces from Vorschlag. Have a small bit of rub on the front shocks, not enough to remove paint, just leaves a smudge of rubber. No problems otherwise. I'm very happy with them.

ydunumud.jpg

Also have a buddy with a Boss 302 running the same setup.

2013DIBGT

I Hate Wheelhop
Reaction score
Hello,

For those running this tire and size can you comment at all on how it performs in the wet? I understand that its shinning points are mainly for dry weather but I'm curious to hear how they fare when things happen to get wet outside.

Would you say they are still totally livable in day to day driving conditions on public roads assuming one doesn't go full retard with standing water at freeway speeds?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Apex50

forum member
Reaction score
I used them at VIR in the rain, took it easy and was OK. The couple times I've driven them in cold and wet weather on the street it was pretty dicey. I personally wouldn't use them for daily drivers, at least living in NC. The traction these tires provide when it's warm and dry is way more than I need on the streets.

2013DIBGT

I Hate Wheelhop
Reaction score
Thanks for the response.

I live in the north east so our weather patterns are fairly similar.

I guess I was hoping to hear they were still decent in the rain because I really like the idea of running this tire size.

Sounds like I may have to settle for the 275/40/18 Bridgestone RE-11's for now. Not a bad choice 2nd place choice I guess :boohoo:

Thanks again

GDCracing

Reaction score
I really wish I knew what offset to get to run a 18X11 square set-up. I feel like ive been up and down this forum looking forever. lol. Will definitely be running the rivals.

modernbeat

Jason McDaniel @ Vorshlag
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Vorshlag developed the offsets and can build you the 18x11. People don't post the offsets because they respect the work we've done to develop them.

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
I know on a 18x10 with +48 you have a *little* clearance on the front strut. I would say on a 18x11 if you ran higher than a +44 or +45 you would probably be hitting the strut. This is what I have gathered in my research and calculations, but have never done a physical verification. They make tools to check offset for clearance purposes but I'm sure they're not exactly cheap.

GDCracing

Reaction score
I know vorshlag came up with the numbers, but they dont have the wheels I want. There selection is very limited. I've been looking at the TSW sochi wheels so I'm trying to figure it out doing my own research. I will however be buying a lot of my suspension set up from them very soon.

todcp

forum member
Reaction score
Tirerack tech said the 295/35/18 Rival on a 18x10 wheel will work; but will give the tread area of a 285 due to being slightly pinched. He said go for it as the Rival is going to be better than any of the 285 tires of similar treadwear.

todcp

forum member
Reaction score
I wrote to BFG and they said they have no idea when the 295/35/18 will be made this year.
Here is what they said.
We apologize the 295/35ZR18 tires are not available for retailers to order. Tod, at this time we do not have a date as to when production will start. If tires are needed soon we suggest you stay with Nitto or Hankook.

testfire

Reaction score
i just picked up a set of these from a member on her, rears have 315/30/18 and fronts are 295/30/18 and the 315/30's are def a short tire. im hoping they release the 295/35/s soon so i can switch them out when these wear out.

Apex50

forum member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever flipped these on the rim? Mine are at about 4/32"s and noticing the outside edges have the most wear. Would like to flip them to get at least another weekend, but they do specify inside/outside...

testfire

Reaction score
the guy i bought mine from flipped the rivals inside out and ive been driving it with no issues.

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever flipped these on the rim? Mine are at about 4/32"s and noticing the outside edges have the most wear. Would like to flip them to get at least another weekend, but they do specify inside/outside...

Yep they flip fine. Carcass is symmetric, tread is not.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back