2005 MUSTANG GT Edelbrock Stage 3 build ideas

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
Trust me, building a high horse power 3v isn't cheap, just rebuilding the aluminator in my car and adding upgraded rods and piston was 10k, now grated I am making significantly more than 650rwhp. If you are dead set on running a 3v and can't find anyone with a Ford Racing Aluminator lying around, be ready to right a check for parts.
You will be able to find used parts like Fabman's heads and I have the rods from my Aluminator motor, and the used parts should be reasonably priced.
Guess the point I am trying to make is pulling a used 5.0 out of a wrecked F150 might be a better idea in the long run.

c0op3r

Reaction score
Trust me, building a high horse power 3v isn't cheap, just rebuilding the aluminator in my car and adding upgraded rods and piston was 10k, now grated I am making significantly more than 650rwhp. If you are dead set on running a 3v and can't find anyone with a Ford Racing Aluminator lying around, be ready to right a check for parts.
You will be able to find used parts like Fabman's heads and I have the rods from my Aluminator motor, and the used parts should be reasonably priced.
Guess the point I am trying to make is pulling a used 5.0 out of a wrecked F150 might be a better idea in the long run.

OK I did a google search before asking this, but is the Aluminator you refer to a 5.0/5.2 block? Or is there one for the 3 valve?

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
OK I did a google search before asking this, but is the Aluminator you refer to a 5.0/5.2 block? Or is there one for the 3 valve?

They don't make the 3v aluminator any more, mine is probably one of the last 4.6l 3v aluminators around, and I melted a piston make 1000rwhp (dirty injector), but that was pretty much the limit for the rods and pistons any way IMO. I still have the rods, they are just fine, if interested, i would let them go cheap.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
F150 5.0 in a S197 makes for a dank street car, esp. with a gt350 intake and some L&M intake cams.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back