2008 "tigermachine II" Bullitt Mustang build, Pics & Video on Post #518 ...

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How much did you lose on the Hellcat?
Can’t imagine Audi gave much on that trade.
Macman45,

The total loss for the Challenger Hellcat with 2,032 miles for one year was exactly ..... $9,761.00 dollars.
If I also took into account the $8,280.00 discount I did get on the purchase of the new Challenger Hellcat I guess really I did okay.

Terry

Bullitt2954

Reaction score
Whaaaaaaat? Tiger selling the Bullitt?

Isn’t that something like the 4th sign of the Apocalypse?

How you doing there, Terry? It’s been awhile.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Whaaaaaaat? Tiger selling the Bullitt?

Isn’t that something like the 4th sign of the Apocalypse?

How you doing there, Terry? It’s been awhile.
Bullitt2954,

Yes the 2008 Bullitt Mustang that went by the name "tigermachine" now has a new owner.
It was a lot of super-fun years having it and all the people I met at the Mustang events.

As far as myself it has now been 4-years since the quad-by-pass open-heart-surgery took place.
Been to my Cardiologist for multiple stress test as well as the 24 hour heart monitor last week.
As it turned out my heart, luckily, has not deteriorated any at all in those 4-years.
The heart monitor was to make sure the rhythm of my heart is okay.
Those results have not come back to me yet.
I have no-doubt if there was any issue I would have instantly been notified.

So, my good-man looks like I might just have some more years with doing the car thing. :)

I hope all is A-OK with you and nice as always to see and hear from you.

Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Long time Terry, happy to hear that you are enjoying your new Audi!
Man it's been awhile my man since we have posted on S197. :)

I am enjoying the RS3 and it now has a whopping 630 some miles on it. LOL !!!
I have no doubt the RS3 will be with me for a great many years as it does everything I want it to.

Take care buddy,
Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats on selling the Bullitt. Don't pay attention to all the criticism on how it was handled. It's only money. Health and happiness are much more important. At least now it's one less thing to worry about.
ZGrand,

Well my good-man as you say it goes without saying no matter what the Mustang sold for there would be criticism in abundance.
It's sad but it's just the way some guys are and especially on any internet site.

In my case we are well pleased with the way things turned out money wise.
And if I was much-much more knowledgeable on exactly how Gateway actually operates I would have gone about the pricing in a different way for sure.
One thing that really threw me off about Gateway was their financing.
One would assume (Shame on Me) that they had excellent financing to assist moving their vehicles.
Well dummy me I suppose because the actual truth is they don't !!!
One (Buyer) has to have the cash to offset what Gateway's 3rd party lender will do.
And that's exactly why mine and a lot of other of the higher dollar priced vehicles simply sit in the warehouse.
Guys want them but just don't have the necessary cash on hand for like an 11 year old Mustang selling for big-dollars.
The same holds true for guys trying to trade-in their cars/vehicles on mine or any other Gateway consigned vehicles.
The trade-in pricing will be so low there is no-way the buyer will take that beating and then turn right around and foot the cost of the vehicle they want.
Gateway actually telling it like it is, looks great on the front-end but sadly looks sometimes can be very misleading.

We are just thankful this thing has finally came to a close in our lives and 100% over-with.

Hang tough pal,
Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It is a sweet new ride, good luck with it Terry.
fdjizm,

I don't expect guys on a dedicated Mustang internet site to rave about the RS3 as I know better.
However if there are and I know there are some S197 members that like other cars than just a Mustang.
I've damn sure had my fair share of Mustangs over all my years and enjoyed all of them.
And the greater majority of them were modified with superchargers etc.

The RS3 sedan might come across to the uninformed as nothing more than a sub-compact 4-door sedan.
It's anything but that in reality.
It does 0-60 MPG in 3.5 seconds.
1/4 mile in high 11's.
Plus Quattro (All-Wheel-Drive) for crappy weather.

Certainly not for everyone but here where traffic is an on going bitch 24/7 it's perfect.
Very-very easy to see out of unlike the Challenger Hellcat that has huge rear blind-areas !!!
I really liked the Hellcat but it was a major pain to drive where I live and park as it's Bigggggggg.

Terry

waylander

forum member
Reaction score
interesting saga there. I'll be honest and say that I'm not a big Audi fan - but I can understand why people are (maybe seeing a LOT more of them over here than you do in the US has something to do with it as well - to us in the UK Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers and Challengers are quite exotic, Audis more of an everyday vehicle. Though I am fully aware that RS's are very much not a run of the mill vehicle)

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
interesting saga there. I'll be honest and say that I'm not a big Audi fan - but I can understand why people are (maybe seeing a LOT more of them over here than you do in the US has something to do with it as well - to us in the UK Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers and Challengers are quite exotic, Audis more of an everyday vehicle. Though I am fully aware that RS's are very much not a run of the mill vehicle)
I post on Audi World and a few other Audi internet sites.
And there are a lot of members from England.
They like Audi cars ..........
As you say an Audi car or RS Audi is definitely not for everyone.
I'm of the opinion and we all know what opinions are worth that the younger generation in the USA would go for, Mustangs, Camaros, Vetts, Challengers etc.

Terry

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It took a considerable amount of time, but I think it is amazing that you still found a guy willing to spend 40G's on a well built 3V. I know you only cleared around 28G's, but hard to imagine a higher price.

I was thinking I would be extremely lucky to get 20G's for mine and most likely less.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It took a considerable amount of time, but I think it is amazing that you still found a guy willing to spend 40G's on a well built 3V. I know you only cleared around 28G's, but hard to imagine a higher price.

I was thinking I would be extremely lucky to get 20G's for mine and most likely less.

Yes Gateway does have it on their internet selling for the $40K true enough.
But, guys Gateway didn't get that for it but I sure wish they did.
I don't recall right now the percentage they operate on for their part of the actual-selling-price.
I would make a guess maybe in the Mid 30's probably or close to that.

I do know that once they finally got the guy's loan approved with Gateway's help/assistance he was extremely happy.

Just maybe he will be the sort of person that actual realizes what he just purchased and doesn't wreck it or blow it up on a drag-strip.

They negotiate some, but the buyer did probably pay low $30’s. Still a lot I agree.

In away for an 11-year old Mustang to all Lending/Finance companies I suppose it's a lot.
My opinion is it was a heck of a buy for the new owner for what he actually got.
But, like I said that's my opinion.
Also for those that might be interested once the Mustang was totally completed it was never drag-raced nor driven wide-open.
Yes I did drive it but I made sure I took good care of it and also I didn't want to blow the 5R55S (WEAK) 5-speed automatic transmission.
It definitely needs/requires a Fully Built 4-Speed Automatic at it's current power level.
I was going to do that a few times but decided not to drag-race it and simply drive it with care so it would last transmission wise.

I also did include with all the documentation and a very Matter-of-Fact WARNING to the new owner what to do and not to do driving it with the current transmission.
Like I ended the information to him I said something like.
You can take this information as useful and a fact or totally ignore what I just said as it's your Mustang now.

Terry

Last edited:

Bullitt2954

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Audi, Terry - I have a 90 Sport Quattro (‘95MY) myself, and it has plenty-Enough giddyup, and is virtually Unstoppable in Snow and ice (or RallyX!), with a proper set of Winter Tyres......

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Audi, Terry - I have a 90 Sport Quattro (‘95MY) myself, and it has plenty-Enough giddyup, and is virtually Unstoppable in Snow and ice (or RallyX!), with a proper set of Winter Tyres......
Bullitt2954,

Well the way I see it is simple.
I've had a lot of Mustangs over all my years so it was time to try something else.
The 2019 Audi RS3 is plenty fast no-doubt.
And a perfect all-weather-machine.
Where I live lots and lots of rain so it will be great for me here locally.
Let's face it, it would be a very-very dull world if all of us had the exact same vehicle.

I think I will enjoy this new ride for awhile. :)

Terry

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back