2010 SC 4.0L to 13 F150 coyote swap.

Discussion in 'Hardcore Tech=*MOTOR SWAPS*' started by stangbass, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Juice

Juice forum member

Nice!
    How do you get the HUD in the video?

2. stangbass

stangbass Junior Member

TrackAddict

3. Juice

Juice forum member

Must get... :)

4. stangbass

stangbass Junior Member

It's a pretty cool app. I use it for track stuff with the OBDLink LX.

5. Juice

Juice forum member

Yup, I have an ELM327 adapter, which is supported! My buddies and I have made a bet, the fastest laptime gets free beers at the end of the day. Now I will have undisputable evidence of my laptimes at Watkins Glen. Too bad I'm up against three GT350s and one GT350 R. I will likely by buying beer......lol

6. Anti

Anti forum member

Awesome to hear the car tearin it up. Great work and build thread. :thumb:

7. Thahoova

Thahoova Junior Member

hey i hope i get a reply but will the coyote bolt to the stock mount points of the 4.0? i have an 2005 4.0 and im going to try this swap soon and this is the only thing i cant find specific info on

8. Juice

Juice forum member

Yes, mechanically its is a direct bolt in. I purchased parts for a 2013 gt, like radiator, A/C condenser, etc. The hard part is the electrical work.

Thahoova likes this.
  9. Thahoova

Thahoova Junior Member

awesome so you would just use the gt mounts i assume. and i plan on buying the control pack so it will make all of that easier.

10. Juice

Juice forum member

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  11. Thahoova

Thahoova Junior Member

Awesome what about the transmissiondid that bolt right up too? and what driveshaft did you use? i assume you put an 8.8 in of course

12. Juice

Juice forum member

The coyote will bolt to any trans for a modular motor. I went with the Magnum XL trans, JPC aluminum driveshaft, and 8.8 w/3.73s. Used the Ford Racing 20 lb billet flywheel and Centerforce DF clutch.

13. Thahoova

Thahoova Junior Member

Gotcha, was actually talking about the trans mounts on the chassis. will the magnum xl bolt right to that or is a custom mount involved

14. Juice

Juice forum member

Magnum xl needs a different cross memeber. it was included with the transmission. Also included were the shifter and knob, and SFI bell housing.

http://www.tremec.com/menu.php?m=105 << what you see is what's in the box :)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018