2011 shifter from mgw close to completion...some specs and info>>

OAC_Sparky

Reaction score
How much for these nice shifters. If I have to ask..... you know the rest.

Cheers; JOE
Well, when you take in consideration that a Steeda short shifter and rear mount will set you back $330, I think that the rumoured $400 is reasonable.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Steeda fan and have quite a few Steeda parts on my Focus and an oil seperator and hood struts for my Mustang; but considering the apparent quality and engineering behind the MGW it looks like a fair deal to me.

pdmusgt

forum member
Reaction score
call julie tomorrow!!!! 706-793-1770 i saw your post assumed you were on the list. I have one you can get. We have held out 5 of the first 55( hence have 50 to sell) for magazine articles but the same shop is filming both muscle and 5.0 super fords so i have some extras!!!

George

I'm on the list haven't seen anything yet. I'm the one who also ordered T5 shifter too to be shipped the sametime

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I'm on the list haven't seen anything yet. I'm the one who also ordered T5 shifter too to be shipped the sametime

if you guys have NOT heard from julie and are on the list you better call 706-793-1770 and verify. we have about 9 people on the list that have NOT called us back.

george

StangAddict

forum member
Reaction score
if you guys have NOT heard from julie and are on the list you better call 706-793-1770 and verify. we have about 9 people on the list that have NOT called us back.

george

I just called Julie and took my name off so that frees up one. Stupid Ford and their stupid transmission. :weneedacrybabysmile:

pdmusgt

forum member
Reaction score

george

Nevermind I just got tracking order number. Thank you

iRoush

Roush God
Reaction score
Don't be discouraged guys! I have an MGW on my GT500 motor swap with a TR6060. LOVE this shifter. I've used Hurst and OEM on my car and MGW definitely feels the best!

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Shit I hear ya. Im going to order a barton shifter and bracket. These guys are dragging their feet like crazy.

NOT DRAGGING FEET DUDE!!! MAKING SURE THESE THINGS ARE RIGHT!!! :thumb:

I ASSEMBLED ABOUT HALF TODAY BUT DECIDED TO MAKE A WRITTEN INSTALL SHEET TO GO ALONG WITH THE VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE. ILL HAVE ALL OF THEM SHIPPED BY TOMORROW.

WHEN YOU GUYS START HEARING THE REIVEWS ON THIS THING I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT IT WILL BE A BIG MISTAKE TO GO ELSEWHERE BUT YOUR CALL!!

GEORGE

Grimace427

Hellhound
Reaction score
Hey George, just got done watching the youtube videos from SVTperformance(shifter looks awesome btw!) but I was wondering if you will have different shaft lengths available to raise the knob location? I am currently rocking a JHR shifter and that has a good 1-2 inches of adjustment up and down and it looks like when assembled the MGW shifter is sunk into the center console.

Just throwing it out there, I like having the shifter closer to the steering wheel for as little hand movement as possible.

SoCal81

Reaction score
I second a longer shaft option. I would also like a tall option to place the shifter closer to the steering wheel.

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hey George, just got done watching the youtube videos from SVTperformance(shifter looks awesome btw!) but I was wondering if you will have different shaft lengths available to raise the knob location? I am currently rocking a JHR shifter and that has a good 1-2 inches of adjustment up and down and it looks like when assembled the MGW shifter is sunk into the center console.

Just throwing it out there, I like having the shifter closer to the steering wheel for as little hand movement as possible.

i will probably make some different lengths available once i get some feedback but i have to tell you i did alot of testing with different heights and the height i chose really meshes perfectly with the throw and spring rates. remember the taller shaft you go the longer the throw and the more vague the gates will become.
the other issue is the boot length. even though it looks sunken in the console it actually is not . And there really is not much extra boot material so you really have to b e careful. about the only other option would be to make taller jam nuts to cover the shaft so the boot does not have to go up any farther but the knob can. ill look into that also.

george

Grimace427

Hellhound
Reaction score
i will probably make some different lengths available once i get some feedback but i have to tell you i did alot of testing with different heights and the height i chose really meshes perfectly with the throw and spring rates. remember the taller shaft you go the longer the throw and the more vague the gates will become.
the other issue is the boot length. even though it looks sunken in the console it actually is not . And there really is not much extra boot material so you really have to b e careful. about the only other option would be to make taller jam nuts to cover the shaft so the boot does not have to go up any farther but the knob can. ill look into that also.

george

Hey thanks for the response George. I'm glad you put some thought into it. I currently have the Steeda cueball shift knob with the satin jam nut. The jam nut it about 2 inches tall and total with the JHR shifter is about 1.5 inches taller than stock. With a 20-25% throw reduction and taller knob I think that would be about perfect.

If you could post up some comparison shots with the stock shifter that would be great. The vantage point in the videos hides the actual height of the shifter.

Also I have a Redline leather shift boot so that won't be much of an issue.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back