2013 GT500 cast aluminum oil pan 8.5 quart

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
Measure what?
It's an OEM depth oil pan using an OEM pickup tube.

I mean, I'm guessing it could be bent where it isn't sitting deep enough in the oil...
But I think you'd notice that by the tube having a kink in it.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
e6a2yte5.jpg

I got mine from my fiancé for my birthday. Definitely a solid piece. I also think you have to tap for that oil sensor since there's no hole for it.

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
You have to trim the windage tray a little where the front studs come up I believe.

Skwerl has a pic of the trimming in post #1 of this thread.
I would round the inside corners off a bit more, though.
Squared corners tend to crack/break.

e6a2yte5.jpg

I got mine from my fiancé for my birthday. Definitely a solid piece. I also think you have to tap for that oil sensor since there's no hole for it.

Not all year models need to tap the pan. I think your whip is an '05, so you do. Mine is '09, I don't.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Skwerl has a pic of the trimming in post #1 of this thread.

Not all year models need to tap the pan. I think your whip is an '05, so you do. Mine is '09, I don't.

Gotcha! I wasn't sure if all years had those. I'm also tapping for a -10 AN drain so I'll be drilling sway lol

hamish

forum member
Reaction score
No, this is a windage tray. So pick one, not both.

What I meant was can I use a stock windage tray with this pan.
As it has a seperate gasket.
And it appears that the new windage tray is a one piece deal gasket and all.
I'm going to assume yes I can.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I have no idea how to gauge performance of a windage tray, but my car has been running fine for about 2K miles with it. All other questions that I can answer were answered in the first post of the thread (with pictures). The new pickup tube appears identical to the old, stock pickup tube but I used the new one just because it was there. "Identical" means exactly the same with the same mounting points, same depth and same fitment. The new tube has a new rubber o ring where it bolts to the oil pump.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
What I meant was can I use a stock windage tray with this pan.
As it has a seperate gasket.
And it appears that the new windage tray is a one piece deal gasket and all.
I'm going to assume yes I can.

Sorry, yes you can.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Unless you use the 5802 arp studs that I'm using. They don't have provision for stock windage tray

Since I used mine with a boss block there weren't any studs in the way either. In fact that's why I went with this setup. So that I didn't have to take the main bolts out and replace them with a 3v version for a windage tray.

Hamish, This setup is for a 5.8 which has longer stroke than your 3.8". It should work fine.

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
why in the hell would you want the stock windage with a separate gasket? I mean, for one you don't know that a stock 3v gasket will seal this pan and 2, the gasket/scraper for this pan is only 68 bucks. It makes no sense to me to go backwards but to each their own

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The gasket/windage tray is included with the pan. So is the pickup tube and pan bolts. You even get 4 extra pan bolts (but you don't get the bolts to attach the pickup tube).

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
The gasket/windage tray is included with the pan. So is the pickup tube and pan bolts. You even get 4 extra pan bolts (but you don't get the bolts to attach the pickup tube).

Those parts come in the frpp kit. The pan can be purchased separately. IMO the price for the whole kit is well worth it. I don't think you can buy any aftermarket oil pan for less than the whole frpp kit. Plus it has the kick ass scraper/windage tray.

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
Also most internal engine stores can order single studs. I can get the shorter main studs for 5-6 dollars a piece.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
OK, so what is up with this FRPP 2013 GT500 oil pan!!??
Its advertised as a 8.5 quart pan and it takes less than 8 quarts to fill it?

I just changed my oil and 8 quarts overfilled the pan!!?? The oil level is way beyond the full mark.

Now what do I do...? sigh

How many quarts are you guys filling this pan with?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back