6R80 transbrake tech discussion

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
What rpm does the converter normally footbrake to?

4VFTW

Reaction score
How are you guys disabling the DTC's for the transbrake on the '13+ cars, I'm being told the switches arent in the SCT software for those PCM codes(WYN3, DWP3, XYH1, YGK1)

Last edited:

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
How are you guys disabling the DTC's for the transbrake on the '13+ cars, I'm being told the switches arent in the SCT software for those PCM codes(WYN3, DWP3, XYH1, YGK1)

I have the WYN3 PCM and Lund was able to do mine and I am tuned thru a xcal3

What rpm does the converter normally footbrake to?

3,800 rpm it starts pushing thru the brakes
On t-brake I have held it at 4,800 several times with zero issues and I am making over 470rwhp n/a

Sent from my iPhone 5S

4VFTW

Reaction score
I have the WYN3 PCM and Lund was able to do mine and I am tuned thru a xcal3

3,800 rpm it starts pushing thru the brakes
On t-brake I have held it at 4,800 several times with zero issues and I am making over 470rwhp n/a

Sent from my iPhone 5S
Mine is WYN3 also and I have been told by 2 different very reputable tuners that the switches for P0962 and P0748 are not in the calibration. Driving me nuts.

Last edited:

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Mine is WYN3 also and I have been told by 2 different very reputable tuners that the switches for P0962 and P0748 are not in the calibration. Driving me nuts.

Time for another tuner. ;)

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score

Don't use the 3 relay version. As I've said since the beginning, you don't need to raise the line pressure.

4VFTW

Reaction score
Don't use the 3 relay version. As I've said since the beginning, you don't need to raise the line pressure.

I was planning on using the 2 relay version and after talking to someone who has done it they said they did not disable the DTC's and got no codes. I was unaware you did not need to adjust the tune with the 2 relay version.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
I was planning on using the 2 relay version and after talking to someone who has done it they said they did not disable the DTC's and got no codes. I was unaware you did not need to adjust the tune with the 2 relay version.

It's been posted before. You will need to set engine stall speed higher in the tune so the car doesn't go into failsafe mode with either version of the tbrake. As mentioned earlier, if you have a converter and accompanying tune it shouldn't be an issue.

4VFTW

Reaction score
It's been posted before. You will need to set engine stall speed higher in the tune so the car doesn't go into failsafe mode with either version of the tbrake. As mentioned earlier, if you have a converter and accompanying tune it shouldn't be an issue.

yeah I see it now in post #4 , having revisited this thread after some months I should have gone back and reread from the beginning...thx

wbt

forum member
Reaction score

BV600

forum member
Reaction score
Im bogging off the tbrake anyone think that the stock converter flash has anything to do with it? 11.1@131 1.83 60'. Converter is next on my list. I think I launched at 2500ish

Couldn't embed for some reason http://youtu.be/NXgwfIyWDQE

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Im bogging off the tbrake anyone think that the stock converter flash has anything to do with it? 11.1@131 1.83 60'. Converter is next on my list. I think I launched at 2500ish

Couldn't embed for some reason http://youtu.be/NXgwfIyWDQE

I was at the track this Friday and saw your car there but had no idea who's it was. I would have stopped by and had a chat if I had known. My car wasn't there but was helping with a 10.5 car.

I don't see the tbrake doing much running a stock converter. Also, didn't sound like you had a 2 step. Your current setup really works no better than just footbraking.

You will see good gains by going to a two step and a non-stock converter with the tbrake where you can flat foot launch the car with some boost built up.

BV600

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah it was my car and the TT Candy red one trying the Transbrakes on stock converter. I think this is the best im going to do until I get a converter or get some cooler weather.

billy mack

Reaction score
stock converter and footbraking I get to 1500 rpm then it pushes the tires, need to change my 1.8 1.9 60 foot asap.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
stock converter and footbraking I get to 1500 rpm then it pushes the tires, need to change my 1.8 1.9 60 foot asap.

You won't get much more than that with the stock converter.

billy mack

Reaction score
I want to do a converter and a t-brake, but I suck at wiring and this scares me, if anyone has a step by step I wouldnt have a issue..

billy mack

Reaction score
Can someone please help with the 2 relay set up? I am getting the car tuned next week and would love to have this set up by then, I just dont know where to start, and sorry I am so stupid when it comes to wiring..

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back