'96 F250 PowerStroke Build (Another Ridiculous Build Thread Provided by Cam)

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
Factory keyless for the win and I can't wait to see the new seats man

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Snapped another pic today. Loving the nice weather.

0ec08e24bb92d36c73fc6e98fb28fd43.jpg

Factory keyless for the win and I can't wait to see the new seats man

Here's a pic. I've had them for so long and it's been such a pain to find mint condition gray seat belts for them.

140832e2d8e4c2da86d662130cf56b1d.jpg

The rest of the interior trim

969c6e9ffc197297f3576894f191c0d3.jpg

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Damn son where did u find them

Got lucky on eBay. Had them steamed cleaned and they are essentially perfect with the exception of a single cigarette burn.

T-Bird...?

Yeah. I have two 02-05 T-bird hardtops with cradles. If you know anyone who wants a mint 1-Owner 04 T-bird with 11K miles, let me know. I'll include the painted to match one with it. I'd keep it but Light Ice Blue Metallic isn't my color... I'd like to find a mint '03 Mountain Shadow Grey one, one day.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
Got lucky on eBay. Had them steamed cleaned and they are essentially perfect with the exception of a single cigarette burn.

Yeah. I have two 02-05 T-bird hardtops with cradles. If you know anyone who wants a mint 1-Owner 04 T-bird with 11K miles, let me know. I'll include the painted to match one with it. I'd keep it but Light Ice Blue Metallic isn't my color... I'd like to find a mint '03 Mountain Shadow Grey one, one day.

T-bird blue w/ white top FTW

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
Are you changing out the door panels too I can't remember if you said anything bout that

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
Okay I couldn't remember bc I know my dads f150 when I was a kid had all the power options but wasn't sure if he had different door panels than his one that didn't have those options

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Just got my dash, seat belts, and wiring harnesses! This guy I met via Facebook is top notch. Delivered from FL and the parts are mint.

0961883c2242869573d099a9ca3d9076.jpg

Keyless fob for the remote entry dash harness. Man that was a pain to track down a perfect dash harness equipped with this.

f68440b349a037b2db91b218a0a10be5.jpg

Truck is in storage already for winter so may be able to work on it when time is permitted. Very excited to get this all installed. However, the transmission is starting to act funny...

Jason09GT

forum member
Reaction score
Sweet! Dash looks great! You don't realize how spoiled you get by the little things. My 2000 single cab xlt 7.3 truck did not have keyless entry, and everytime I went to get in, I was like "Jesus, this is so ghetto" lmao.

Buddy of mine has a clean (needs repainted) '93 single cab longbed xlt f150 I can pickup for a song. Been thinking about it, to use for commuting. It's blue with gray interior (thankfully), straight 6 and 5 speed. That running gear would have to go... this thread makes me think more and more about it.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. I'm excited to get that all together. Still so surprised that I managed to get this harness since they are hard finds.

I may have caught a break with the transmission issue. I'm told that it could be the pressure line or solenoid going bad. What I'm experiencing is the truck has this intermittent issue where I accelerate from a dead stop and it shifts right to 3rd... once I give it more throttle it then downshifts to second and continues.

Jason09GT

forum member
Reaction score
Goes from 1st to 3rd? Or tries to tale off in 3rd?? Maybe line pressure issue if it's going from 1st to 3rd, once pressure drops off, it realizes it needs to downshift. I'm no mechanic though lol. I had an '03 silverado that would start in 2nd sometimes..did it from brand new, and never could get it to replicate it for the dealer. Starting in 2nd wasn't terrible..it was the slam to 1st which felt surely would break something.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
It would get just a bit of momentum and then I accelerate and it went from 1st to 3rd. I haven't talked to my lead truck tech about it since I thought it was a single instance but when I drove it to storage it did it in traffic. It probably doesn't help I've been driving without the speed recalibrated to 35" tires

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back