** Air Lift Performance: Install, Test and some sweet pictures!! CHECK IT OUT **

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Good news is in..... should have all the air ride suspension by tomorrow. Order it tuesday and delivery is set for Friday, fast shipping, real fast!

Looks like you are right Jeremy, I will be busy this weekend... lol!

Cant wait, thanks again!

whtcanbrwnd04u

Reaction score
Good news is in..... should have all the air ride suspension by tomorrow. Order it tuesday and delivery is set for Friday, fast shipping, real fast!

Looks like you are right Jeremy, I will be busy this weekend... lol!

Cant wait, thanks again!

Please post detailed pics of the install! I am waiting for you to finish yours to see how involved the install is before ordering my kit! :beerdrink:

Last edited:

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Please post detailed pics of the install! I am waiting for you to finish yours to see how involved the install is before ordering my kit! :beerdrink:

I am planning on it.

Hope to start laying everything out tomorrow evening once I get home from work. The plan is to start working on it Saturday and Sunday this weekend. I hope this kinda gives a example of what is involved and how one can install the kit with basic tools and a bit of mechanical skills.

AutopilotV2Diagram.jpg

The kit from what I have seen on the internet and talking with Jeremy, seems to be pretty much plug and play with a few small modifications here and there. I am pushing the limit with the back of the car and the tire size I have. So I am expecting some modifications to get the shocks to clear the tires and I know my rear will not tuck the tires like the front.

Very curious to see how it all turns out with the finshed product. Also want to give some feedback of the ride quality compared to stock and lowering springs. Also how well the suspension acts with a higher horsepower car on the street, getting on the skinny pedal if you please... lol..

Pretty exicted about this kit and it seems like a few others might be as well!

B/W : plan on loading the seats up tomorrow and getting them shipped on out to you. Sorry for a bit of the delay, know you got to be pretty exicted to get them. Been a busy week with stuff going on.

Sweet looking forward to the results.

Thanks! Cant wait to get started!

Last edited:

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Alright kim when are we going!!

Can't wait to see the results, your car is going to look wicked.

Yeah, you guys need to go to the shop and take a tour. Would love to see some pictures! Hell, he is offering to beat on the company air ride car... takem up on it, I would.... lol

Thanks, hope it turns out like I think it will. Should look pretty killer when finshed.

Now I just need to get me some 20" show tires for the car... lol...

Ingwe

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Reaction score
Sherrod, really looking forward to seeing this installed and getting your feedback. Always enjoyed following your build threads for your beast.

I'd be very interested to know the weight difference of the parts. Do you have any idea how much your car weighed before you removed the suspension and do you have the ability to weigh it after the install?

Obviously you could just weigh the parts out of the box and compare that to the weight of the parts you took off but when you factor in the removal of the spare tire well and any other modifications that would be some useful and interesting info.

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Sherrod, really looking forward to seeing this installed and getting your feedback. Always enjoyed following your build threads for your beast.

I'd be very interested to know the weight difference of the parts. Do you have any idea how much your car weighed before you removed the suspension and do you have the ability to weigh it after the install?

Obviously you could just weigh the parts out of the box and compare that to the weight of the parts you took off but when you factor in the removal of the spare tire well and any other modifications that would be some useful and interesting info.

Yeah, I have never got to much into weight reduction game just yet. I would be glad to try to compare the weight difference between the struts and shocks and other items been put on the car and taken off if you would like me to?

I know the compressor and the tank are added weight. Then also I removing the spare tire area, but replacing it with support beams and sheet metal for the air tank and the intercooler tank. So I would think I would be on plus side of things in the weight department after the install.

But, I have also seen the air struts with kit are lighter than stock... seen it on a post or something somewhere... cant remember where? Also replacing the rear metal springs with rubber air bags, which have to be lighter. So not sure how it would all wash out in the end with weight, good question!

Jeremy@AirLift

forum member
Reaction score

Haha I have been waiting for the weight question! Running our system you will loose a little over 4 pounds per corner, which equals a reduction of a little over 16 pounds of unsprung mass. The tank weighs just about 20 pounds and the compressor weighs 10 pounds. So at this point you are looking at a gain of about 14 pounds. I don't know about you guys, but personally I know I could stand to loose 14 pounds to make up the difference!! :thumb:

In the future we are also going to be switching to aluminum tanks, which will be a huge weight savings over our current steel tanks.

Jeremy@AirLift

forum member
Reaction score
Alright kim when are we going!!

Can't wait to see the results, your car is going to look wicked.

Come on over, I will even buy lunch! Not sure where you guys are located, but I will be taking the car to several local shows this summer. The first Michigan show will be at Motorstate/Lane Automotive in Watervilet, MI Memorial day weekend. We will be in the manufacture tent.

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
We are both in the Kalamazoo area only about an 1.5 hours from Lansing. you guys will be passing us on the way to Lanes. I will try to make it out to see your section at the show.

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Is it at your house yet?!?!!!!!!!

Hahaha... not yet. Been checking the Fedex updates and it says it is on the truck for delievery. So hopefully when I get off from work this evening at around 5 it will be some nice large boxes waitting on me.... lol

Even ask the next door neighbour to be on the lookout for me while I am at work.

Jeremy@AirLift

forum member
Reaction score
Hahaha... not yet. Been checking the Fedex updates and it says it is on the truck for delievery. So hopefully when I get off from work this evening at around 5 it will be some nice large boxes waitting on me.... lol

Even ask the next door neighbour to be on the lookout for me while I am at work.

Seriously you couldn't have taken the day off?! :roflmao:

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Good news!

My wife went home for lunch today!

101lbs of sweet Mustang stuff...

2012-04-279514-09-1195219.jpg

2012-04-279514-09-0395943.jpg

Cant wait to get off work now.... ugghhhhhh... come on 5 o'clock

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back