Any movie buffs or movie goers?

Discussion in 'Other Hobbies' started by Black_GT, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Shaffe

Shaffe forum member

Watched 6 Underground on netflix the other day. Not bad, not great but it was entertaining. Definitely earned it's R rating

2. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

Wife and I finally got to see Ford v Ferrari last night.
    Freaking awesome movie, we loved it.

AndrewNagle likes this.
  3. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator S197 Team Member

Uncut Gems.... skip it

4. Shaffe

Shaffe forum member

That is disappointing to hear a skip it. Thought it looked good

My brother in law and I have a tradition that whenever the wives go out for a girls night we hang out and watch a terrible movie and drink crappy beer. When I say bad movies, I mean like super low budget movies that know they how terrible they are.

this weekend, we watched Veloci-Pastor. It's about a pastor that can turn into a dinosaur and is convinced by a hooker to fight crime- in particular cocaine dealing ninjas. It was as absolutely as bad as it sounds, but in a good hilariously bad way.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  5. tjm73

tjm73 of Omicron Persei 8 S197 Team Member

Same here. Really enjoyed the movie. Not sure how real the screw job to Ken Miles was, but if true it's a travesty.

Also, on Saturday night I got to finally see Rise of the Skywalker. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't a standout among the 9 movie series. Empire Strikes Back is still my high water mark. I still think that Rogue One might be the second best of them all. And damn it Disney you need a hard PG-13 or better R rated movie about Darth Vader hunting down and wiping out Jedi. It would be a massive box office haul. One of the best villains in movie history.

Wow that looks bad....

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1843303/

Gonna give it a shot when it hits Netflix. Can always just turn it off. Have turned off several movies and TV shows on Netflix.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  6. Sarge720

Sarge720 Junior Member

I just saw 1917 last week, enjoyable for sure, I'd say 3-1/2 of 5 stars, maybe 4 of 5.

7. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator S197 Team Member

Birds of Prey, enjoyed it, was a fun flick

8. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

My wife apparently knew about it, she reads a lot so she had already read the story.
    I hadn't, but a quick Google search and sure enough, true story.

9. stkjock

Well, the last 30 mins or so are the best part of the movie. Enjoyed that part. The rest not so much

10. Shaffe

Shaffe forum member

I am not a Star Wars fan, I find the movies entertaining though. A movie just about Vader hunting down Jedi and being a bad ass would have me very excited as a casual fan. To bad there is no such thing as a hard PG13 anymore.

Yes Veloci Pastor was as bad as you imagine it might be. Amazingly bad lol

11. 1950StangJump$

1950StangJump$ forum member

Since this thread has hit on TV series also . . . anyone watch "Treadstone?"

I was excited because I loved the Jason Bourne movies. But, the show is pretty awful. I continued to watch because they kept you guessing with just enough misdirection to keep you intrigued.

Barely.

12. joe_momma

joe_momma forum member

Finally caught Midway, I really enjoyed it.

FvF was pretty good. Damon did a good job I thought.

13. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

Terminator, Dark Fate.

Turned out much better than expected, going by the lackluster reviews and boxoffice ticket sales.
    It was worth the $6 we spent renting it on Amazon Prime

14. stkjock

yea, i'd agree on Dark Fate, I enjoyed it as well.

15. joe_momma

joe_momma forum member

Yeah I liked Dark Fate - much better than the "filler" we've had over the last couple of movies.

We rewatched all of the Daniel Craig Bond films over the weekend in anticipation of the upcoming release. They are all solid - but I admit I'm a JB fan.

16. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

Chips.
    The new movie, based on the old TV series.

Started watching it and almost immediately hated it.
    My wife and I lasted about 15-20 minutes through it before we couldn't take it anymore and shut it off.
    I re-started it on my own a few days later, got another 10-20 minutes into it.
    Nope, nope, nope.
    Horrible movie. Done with it.

17. tjm73

tjm73 of Omicron Persei 8 S197 Team Member

The new chips was a goofy time kill movie. I liked it.

bujeezus likes this.
  18. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

Spenser Confidential, with "Marky Mark" Wahlberg.
    Sucked. Absolute waste of time, and the end was left open as if they're gonna have a sequel coming.
    I certainly hope not.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.