are 2v cams the same as 3v?

plated

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
are 2v cams and 3v cams the same interchanable?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Not even remotely...

2V cams operate 8 valves per head (8 lobes).

3V cams operate 12 valves per head (12 lobes).

Mikes_BLK_GT

Mid-Life Crisis
Reaction score
If you have to ask then NO cams for you..................LOL does the square peg fit in the round hole?

Boozshey

Reaction score
I think this is the first I have seen a vendor call someone out.. haha

cantdrive55

forum member
Reaction score
1000x500px-LL-f069ad45_epic_facepalm_by_rjth.jpg

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
dont listen to all these people OP. they are fully interchangeable. just follow the same directions for a cam swap, but only torque everything to two thirds of the 3v cam specs seeing as you will be a valve short and will only need to torque to 2v specs

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
dont listen to all these people OP. they are fully interchangeable. just follow the same directions for a cam swap, but only torque everything to two thirds of the 3v cam specs seeing as you will be a valve short and will only need to torque to 2v specs

Yeah I'm not sure why everyone is making fun of you. The 3v cams fit just fine in 2v. Just skip all the steps for the 3rd valve. I'm not sure if you're supposed to torque to 2/3 on all the bolts. When my buddy did it, he just torqued the bolts to the specs but he hand tightened every 3rd bolt.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not sure why everyone is making fun of you. The 3v cams fit just fine in 2v. Just skip all the steps for the 3rd valve. I'm not sure if you're supposed to torque to 2/3 on all the bolts. When my buddy did it, he just torqued the bolts to the specs but he hand tightened every 3rd bolt.

make sure you use locktite on the handtightened bolts though:thumb:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
It only works if you perform a valve delete on the 3v effectively making it a 2v them the cam should drop right in, but not before the jackstands give out of course.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back