• Satin/semi black

• Gloss black

• Anthracite

• Black with a red flake

Results are only viewable after voting.

wusthof

forum member
Reaction score
My dipped black chrome wheels are gunna get sandblasted and powdercoated. The chrome underneath has screwed up the beads so I'm assuming sandblasting is the way to go. But color >>> I've had black wheels for a while now and like them, but a change would be nice too. Any thoughts pos or neg are welcome

20181018_145419.jpg

wusthof

forum member
Reaction score
I guess something timeless......fads come and go. Ill put a poll up.....easier to see your responses. With that being said, I guess different shades like anthracite

ShelbySteve

Reaction score
I’ve always liked black wheels with a polished/machine lip and had them on my z28 years ago, but I went with polished forged ones this time. As mentioned, it’s your car and you’re paying for them to be refinished so get what you like.

DieHarder

Reaction score
I find that the liquid metal (Trac Pack/Grey wheels) are a good compromise so both classy yet understated without being in your face like chrome which demands attention.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
What about a dark grey or possibly a gunmetal grey? I think that technically anthracite is actually a dark grey as opposed to being a pure black.

Norm

wusthof

forum member
Reaction score
What about a dark grey or possibly a gunmetal grey? I think that technically anthracite is actually a dark grey as opposed to being a pure black.

Norm

I attribute anthracite to be like a gunmetal grey. That would probably be my only other choice.....I have so much black on my car because of the vert roof. I want a change, but the black ties in so nicely

20180823_141805.jpg

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Having owned a hardtop in that color (an '05) I can attest to the need to break up the amount of red your stare at. It really needs to be toned down.

I've been missing mine lately. Not the cost to modify it, but the car in general. It was a really nice car.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I attribute anthracite to be like a gunmetal grey. That would probably be my only other choice.....I have so much black on my car because of the vert roof. I want a change, but the black ties in so nicely

View attachment 75913
Replace the GT fender emblems w/black ones. Or, delete them all together.

Mackitude

Reaction score
My Kona blue with stock 18's in original silver, then a slightly bronze dark gray, then switch to Saleen Heritage 19's in gray with silver lip. Might eventually get the Heritage powdercoated bronze.

Mine lowered side.jpg sunstang.jpg IMG_6239.jpg

IMG_6240.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back