Best cold air intake for overall peak gains. 4.6 V8

hockeygod

forum member
Reaction score
FRPP really nailed it when they came out with the hotrod cam. It's obviously not a max effort cam, but it still makes gains without sacrificing a bunch of low end and piling all the power to the far right. I loved my Comp 127020's (Mutha Thumr), they were a quite a bit more aggressive in LSA, but they trashed the low end and put everything to the right. The fun really didn't start 'til about 4,000RPM. They did pull to 6500rpm, which was nice and made for a great weekend track application, but I would have rather done the hot rods. I stole the Comp's, so I can't complain about the deal and I adapted to driving in the mid-range casually. (paid $350 for the Comp's used vs $700 for the FRPP's)

For a non-serious street car/recreational track car, the hot rods are very nice. Some have kept them with the PD/Centri FI and still maintained good results. Without a doubt, it's a head turning cam with a kick.

Having had the hot rod cams prior to my current cams I will say you are correct about them being a great naturally aspirated cam. However once I went FI I swapped out to a comp stage 1 blower cam as I was losing too much boost with the hot rods

theRedStorm

forum member
Reaction score
Freezinf ebrake? Never heard of this
It's a problem on these gen cars. Some design flaw that allows water into the ebrake which in turn freezes when it's below 32 outside. If you leave it engaged, your back right tire will be stuck like mine was when I had to drive it home like that. Shit was smoking....

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
bunch of threads on the e-brake issue on the site if you search, could be a TSB as well, IIRC

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back