Best diff for drag racing

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score
I'm now leaning towards a spool. I'm just a little concerned with driving it on the street. It is only driven to and from the track. One track is 35 minutes away and the other track is 20 minutes away. Both require driving on twisty roads to get to them.

Are c-clip eliminators required for spools?

Yes.

SRTthis

Reaction score
I'm now leaning towards a spool. I'm just a little concerned with driving it on the street. It is only driven to and from the track. One track is 35 minutes away and the other track is 20 minutes away. Both require driving on twisty roads to get to them.

Are c-clip eliminators required for spools?

C clip emlinators or 9" ends... take your pick.

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think I want to go through all of that right now. I think I'll stick with the Truetrac. My plan is to eventually go to a 9" anyway. This car will be paid off this winter which means I'll be able to start saving for bigger items. I want to eventually get a Procharger and install a brake on the th350. I'll feel more comfortable with a 9" in it.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
SPOOL!!!!! Contrary to so called "common knowledge" they are streetable if you understand their behavior. I know, personally, four guys running spools on the street with limited use cars/trucks.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I put a locker in mine and I'm not a fan. I have learned to deal with it but until you do and can and will lock and unlock on you in turns and it's damn unsettling.

I would say spool it.

JA66

Reaction score
Can you run a mini-spool in a limited slip case? For some reason I think not, but that would be a good test run, and you dont have to eliminate the c-clips with a mini-spool.

Bad Intention

forum member
Reaction score
There is a guy local to me that just had 9" built with one in it for his GT500. Im going to see how it holds up. He made 720 with 3.4 whipple.

Also you have to upgrade to 33 spline axels.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Wave Track. Ihave been looking into new diff im still using stock diff. but dont know how much longer it will hold up @ the track.

http://www.autotech.com/mm5/merchan...de=stock&Product_Code=56-309-183WK&wavetrac=1

Tbird94 is using one and Evo 8's too.

i contacted them and is warranty for drag as far as they told me. up to 1,000 HP..

If i new earlier i would of got that instead of trutrac now i will have to sell the strange axles because they are 31 spline and the wave trac is 35 or 33 i think.

I will go full spool first to try and see how i like it , then if is too much i try the wave trac.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
94Tbird gets 1-wheel burnouts with his wave track though....watched it first hand at the Atco rental on nearly every burnout he did.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
94Tbird gets 1-wheel burnouts with his wave track though....watched it first hand at the Atco rental on nearly every burnout he did.

Ron spoke to them about that.

Here's the explanation: (paraphrase from an IM convo)

talked to moser about the wavering
said nothing is wrong, its the torque biasing, he said if i ride my brakes while pullingo ut of the waterbox both wheels will spinwhen i do the burnout

u need to ride the brake out of the water box to get the rear to lock up?

yes

which also means by no knowledge of mine, when i was donewith the burnout, by using the brakes to stage the car, i was resetting the torque biasing

so both wheels were pushing the car forward, what ive been doing lately is giving the tires a spin IN the water, this msut be causing the wavetrac to unlock, try just rolling through water isntead of spinning

Diabolical!

Zapp Rowsdower
Reaction score
There is a guy local to me that just had 9" built with one in it for his GT500. Im going to see how it holds up. He made 720 with 3.4 whipple.

Also you have to upgrade to 33 spline axels.

Must be talking about Greg... I'm going to watch his car run soon. Will update with what he thinks of that rear end.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back