Best wax for a black car. 2006 GT

NaS197

forum member
Reaction score
UA is the universal color code to pull up in body shops. M6373/M6877 is either trim/interior color or specific paint brands like PPG or RM

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

jumbowolfe

forum member
Reaction score
I just got turned on to Adam's products last month. The shampoo and their detailer (that goes on while the car is still wet) are AMAZING. I'm trying out Black Light in the next couple of weeks once I get a chance, with the CG Buttery Wet Wax.

Everyone seems to talk up the Black Light stuff, but I do indeed love the Adams cleaning products. The detailer makes it so easy to dry a car with no streaks.

I only use Adams wax, not a cleaner wax, so I do it often without worry. It works great on every color I've tried. I glaze then wax, all with Adams

28ONE

Reaction score
Blackfire BlackICE

Pinnacle Black Label Synergy

What condition is your paint in? You may go out and buy some $100 wax and find yourself not satisfied with the results. Gloss is only as good as the foundation of the paint imo...

As several have mentioned CG Blacklight with Black is a nice combo - just doesn't last that long - of course weather and temps will have an effect on this. Blacklight does have some fillers which can hide some imperfections.

We all have our opinions and yes it's tough making a choice which one to go with. I like to think of wax as icing on the cake. Ultimately, you have to ask yourself how much you willing to spend...

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Gloss is only as good as the foundation of the paint imo...

Exactly. That's what I love about Menzerna P4500. It's like a jewelers polish and is the final step before a sealer or wax. Hell I think any decent wax or sealer would look great after jeweling with the P4500. The Menzerna even before waxing/sealing makes my car look like it was just dipped in gloss black. Love that stuff!

28ONE

Reaction score
Exactly. That's what I love about Menzerna P4500. It's like a jewelers polish and is the final step before a sealer or wax. Hell I think any decent wax or sealer would look great after jeweling with the P4500. The Menzerna even before waxing/sealing makes my car look like it was just dipped in gloss black. Love that stuff!

Are you using a rotary and Gold jeweling pad with 4500?

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
Just to add to what 28one said. If you apply blacklight and a wax it's only a temporary if you have bad swirls. At some point they will both wear and disappear leaving you back where you started. If you do have swirls you should consider correcting the paint or be willing to consistantly maintain your wax or combo.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
How do you correct the paint? A full paint job right now is out of the question lol. Mainly lots of rock chips, and several dings (anyone know how to get the little dings out?). I'll get the touch up paint kit and use that before I wax it for sure.

28ONE

Reaction score

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Start by reading this:
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40276

I'm not responsible for the obsession that is about to begin lol :thumb2:

Holy cow my mind just exploded. Never knew there was that much to cleaning up the car lmao...

So, on a black car, what would be a good starting point for a black car with pretty questionable paint. I'm going to touch it up with that drcolorchip stuff, then what? I wash it, polish it, use a sealant, then wax on top?

I'm already going to have to spend $70ish on the drcolorchip... soooo what is a great budget combo for everything I'd need if anyone has the time to recommend them to me.

Thanks again! Excited to get it looking good like it should to match the beast that's about to be under the hood (that rhymed, and yes I know the M90 isn't really a beast lol).

28ONE

Reaction score
Holy cow my mind just exploded. Never knew there was that much to cleaning up the car lmao...

So, on a black car, what would be a good starting point for a black car with pretty questionable paint. I'm going to touch it up with that drcolorchip stuff, then what? I wash it, polish it, use a sealant, then wax on top?

I'm already going to have to spend $70ish on the drcolorchip... soooo what is a great budget combo for everything I'd need if anyone has the time to recommend them to me.

Thanks again! Excited to get it looking good like it should to match the beast that's about to be under the hood (that rhymed, and yes I know the M90 isn't really a beast lol).

Honestly, I'd save ur money and just get the Ford Motorcraft touch up paint. Can u post some pics of your paint?

Last edited:

28ONE

Reaction score
Depending on the condition this is a good kit to get started with if you don't want to buy stuff separately.
https://www.detailersdomain.com/mobile/home.asp#page-122

Buffer, pads, compound, polish, and a sealant

Buffer, pads, compound, polish, and a sealant[/QUOTE]

Which specific kit is it? The link is pointing to the mobile home page.

Is it this one:
https://www.detailersdomain.com/Gri...Orbital-Polisher-Swirl-Remover-Kit_p_704.html

No I use a Hex Logic polishing pad with my PC.

I'm gonna give it another shot with a gold jeweling pad on my 3401. Didn't really have any luck with a hydro crimson pad. I'd really like to try jeweling with a rotary but I'm just not there yet lol...

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
Buffer, pads, compound, polish, and a sealant

Which specific kit is it? The link is pointing to the mobile home page.

Is it this one:
https://www.detailersdomain.com/Gri...Orbital-Polisher-Swirl-Remover-Kit_p_704.html

I'm gonna give it another shot with a gold jeweling pad on my 3401. Didn't really have any luck with a hydro crimson pad. I'd really like to try jeweling with a rotary but I'm just not there yet lol...[/QUOTE]

Yea that's the kit. My bad.

Jeweling wise I hit my car with the 3401 with a black B's pad and car pro reflect. It's my new favorite. I'll be getting rid of my 4500 if anyone is interested.

28ONE

Reaction score
I tried Reflect once on a Benz and it was incredible. I was going to polish out mine and apply CQ UK next weekend but there's gonna be a heat wave.

What speed setting were you at?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back