big red race valve

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here you can see it in action, open at idle then slightest touch of the throttle it snaps shut then opens again to vent when you let off.
(keep in mind its upside down in the vid lol)

Last edited:

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
well my vacuum seemed pretty low since switching to the procharger. like 6 at idle compared to 14 when i had the whipple.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
well my vacuum seemed pretty low since switching to the procharger. like 6 at idle compared to 14 when i had the whipple.

If you're seeing only 6 at idle you have a vacuum leak or something going on. I was around 14 with my Procharger, and still 14 with the rotrex.

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
no idea. procharger was the only thing that was changed from the whipple. still have great brakes, and no other issues with the low vacuum.

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
ya thats true, with delete plates, its kind of hard to listen for any hissing under the hood with the procharger now to lol. my afr is spot on tho so that kind of eliminates a vacuum leak?

gt08vapor

forum member
Reaction score
I see -18 vacuum at idle with my pricharger and red race bov. I would say your leaking somwhere

t-kid

forum member
Reaction score
You didn't answer my question...

If your wideband is located after your primary and secondary o2 sensors it's doing you no good...

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
You didn't answer my question...

If your wideband is located after your primary and secondary o2 sensors it's doing you no good...
It has nothing to do with sensors, it's more about before or after the cat.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
If it's post sensor in a closed loop setup its reading "adjusted" AFRs is it not?

The sensors themselves don't adjust afr. They simply send readings to the PCM for the PCM to adjust. The afr is what it is once it leaves the exhaust port. Unless there's an exhaust leak, it doesn't change. AFR is only changed by the PCM via the injectors. If that makes sense.

t-kid

forum member
Reaction score
The sensors themselves don't adjust afr. They simply send readings to the PCM for the PCM to adjust. The afr is what it is once it leaves the exhaust port. Unless there's an exhaust leak, it doesn't change. AFR is only changed by the PCM via the injectors. If that makes sense.

I was under the impression the PCM adjusted fuel trims with voltage regulation from measurements taken by the o2s and MAF... Thanks for the info!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back